Joburble

Bring back the CR500
~SPONSOR~
Jul 20, 2009
Sure, I have done it before, and this time because the trail had a few gnarly slippery downhills, but in the end it will be costly, so don't run your Metzler MC4 rear at 7lbs on hard pack with the odd exposed rock and tree root or your KDX riding will be cut short and you will have to buy a new tire and tube and knock the dents out of your rim. :think:

Unfortunately we all do silly things sometimes.

Tires replaced with Pirelli Scorpion MX MidSoft32 (front) and Pirelli Scorpion MX Extra (rear). I haven't ridden it yet with the new tires. Anyone running this combo?

reepicheep

Apr 3, 2009
Not on the KDX. I put one of the scorpions (mid compound I think) on my son's KX-60, and he is a pretty serious rider for a 10 year old, and he can crawl up anything with them. He was riding it around the yard yesterday, in about 4 inches of snow below freezing, they were hooking up really well there also.

The tires also seem to be wearing well.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Have heard good things about the Pirellis.

Over the years, I guess I've just got comfortable with the Michelin S12 and don't see any reason to change.

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
I use that set-up all the time on my son's race bike. I don't run tubes though, don't know how dependable they are with tubes. But all in all they are good tires.
You can't go wrong with Michelin S12 either.

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
Joburble said:
don't run your Metzler MC4 rear at 7lbs on hard pack with the odd exposed rock and tree root
Good advice.
Don't run ANY tire under those same conditions of pressure and terrain unless it is at trials (fast walk?) speeds. :cool:

Top Bottom