mattb348

Aug 2, 2005
jerry and sons said:
I recently purchased a 2003 yz250 with out a service manuel. Could you please tell me tire pressures for the front and rear tires.
Thanks

If you go to the yamaha website and look up the specs for a yx 250 it will tell you I beleive.

Hope this helps.

Hick

Aug 15, 2000
The manual may have a range, it will probably say 11 to 15 psi or thereabouts.

Anywho the tire pressure isn't model specific. I wouldn't run more than 15 psi in any MX tire, and will usually run 11 psi, unless I'm concerned about the possibility of a pinch flat, in which case I'll go up to about 14.

Hope this helps.

BigRedAF

Jan 9, 2005
11-15 is correct, 13 is a great guess for any condition. You should have a 1/4 inch ring around the rimnext to the bead that is rubbed clean by the tire flexing. Set your psi then go out and run a few laps. More area not enough air less area to much air. If your to light or to slow to get flex with 11 psi run a heavy duty tube to prevent pinched tube flats.

tyesai

Nov 4, 2004
I've gone down to 8 in the back and 10 in the front when it is muddy out. Just play around with it and find what works for you. Anything more than 12 in the back and 14 in the front and it doesn't feel "good" to me.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I run 14-15 psi at Paragon. It's real rocky and while the higher pressure affects traction/handleing a bit, I'd rather not get a pinch flat. Once was enough for me. 12 -13 psi is good other wise.

Oct 13, 2005
Rm guy I was at paragon about three weeks ago on my atv and it seemed like it was really rocky for the dirt bike. This was my first time there, was I just not on the right trails? :bang:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Yeah it can be tough on a bike but I like it. It can take some time to develop the right technique but after a while you can move right along. I don't go into the "extreme" rocky places but there are some that do.

The trick is to stand up some what neutral but keep the front end light, focus on where you want to go (not at the front tire), squeeze the bike with your legs and keep on the gas. Most of the time speed is your friend because you tend to skim over the rocks but it takes some practice to feel comfortable with it. Squeezing the bike really helps to keep it from kicking around and staying straight.

Oct 13, 2005
I am relatively new to the sport and some of those rocks are really intimidating. Dou yo know if Tower City and Rousch Creek are also really rocky?

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
jerry and sons said:
I am relatively new to the sport and some of those rocks are really intimidating.

i've been riding for over twenty years and the rocks are still intimidating.

Oct 13, 2005
Some rocks are fine, rocks to me are relatively small, but what I rode on with the atv was very challengeing and at times very hard to manuver, these were more like boulders

Top Bottom