dbarn

Oct 30, 2000
I know this subject has probably been discussed alot in here, but without the search feature, I am having problems finding any threads on "tires".
I am in the process of purchasing new meat for my 220 and was wondering what all everyone had to say about the tires they are currently using or recommended.

I do most of my riding in anything from soft-inter. dirt to rocks. (Missouri,Midwest riding)

I have been seeing some threads about the Michelins. Anyone care to comment? I remember hearing some good comments in the past on the Pirelli's. Thoughts?
I've been a Dunlop man most of my past, but want to see if I can find something that grips better(front) without sacrificing life.

Thanks,
Dave

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
Michelin s12 rear or front but they don't last very long. None of them do really. The IRC ve33 rear works good and lasts longest. Pirelli MT44 works great up front also.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
YEP. My suggestion would be Dunlop 756 or Michelin M12's.

cweingartz

Jun 6, 2000
Pirelli's hook up great but cost too much and last only a few rides.
I had a bridgestone, m-40 I believe, it lasted and worked well on michigan trails.

Razorback

Jul 12, 2002
Kenda Unadilla's. Great life,great bite,great price.I run them on my KDX and my XR and when the stock Bridgestones are gone on my KX it will have them also.Noone beleives me when I say the name but they are great tires.

Johnnyboy

Aug 25, 2001
I run IRC ve33's for the rear and dunlop K490's for the front. The ve33 is kind of made for thumpers but lasts forever and hooks up well. The K490 lasts twice as long as the ve33 and keeps great handling all along. ve33 is cheap too.

colem

Mod Ban
Sep 29, 2002
I would stay away from a 756. I bought one for my kdx and it wore out very fast. The traction was susposed to be unreal with them too but I didn't notice anything special at all. The knobs however did wear nicely, there was no chunking what so ever, just really fast.

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
i liked the 756's when new but was not happy with how fast they went away.now i have m12/s12 and think they work great and show good "stay" power .i have pirelli's mt44/mt32 to try but no report yet.

99klx300r
99kdx200
02exc200

if i'de only put half the effort in my work as i do riding and having fun.....i'de be rich

Last edited:

BPJNT

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2001
I changed the stock kdx tires for some new michelin s12's and was amazed at how great they were, I feel more comfortable and confident as a novice rider. They seem to be holding up pretty well in W. PA.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom