john stu

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 7, 2002
i tried a irc m5b for the first time yesterday and the traction seemed excelent as i would expect from a brand new soft terain tire in the sand but i spent the later part of the day in hard pack with some rocks the traction was still very good and i was really abusing the clutch on my 2002 cr250 and the tire bearly rounded the knobs the slightest bit it still looks new with sharp edges i usuly run the dunlops (752 756 773)and i must say so far i like it traction seemed the same as the 752 in the sand but the m5b seemed a little better in the hard stuff. it had a more predictable slide to it in the corners than a 752 kind of like the 756 but better in the sand than the 756 best of all it wears like iron so far.this tire has HUGE knobs very tall and thick.i usaly run the popular tires (dunlop,bridgstone,ect)but as long as this tire holds up like it did yesterday i give it a thumbs up :thumb:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Ahhh, another convert! :)
I started running the M5B last year. Great all around tire, and it can be found at a good price too.

OldMaiconut

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 28, 2001
I'm running one on my YZ426. No appreciable wear yet after two good rides. I'm sold...just wish they made one wider than 110 on the 19 inch rear.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
get the 18 inch rim, and you get up to 140/80 hehehe.
Just got one today as a matter of fact! :)

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Can I feel a loopout comin' on?!?! :debil:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Nah. . .
If I lean forward it will still bring the front wheels up through 4 gears though! :)

muscle

Mar 17, 2002
any thought on the IRC VE40? They hardly ever rip our track here so it is definately intermediate terrain. I've been running Dunlop 739 and the knobs get rounded after a couple rides. The 739 still feels like its hookin up in straights but is a little slippery in the many flat corners here.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I have always said, that is a fantastic tire. FINALLY someone elase has listened. You'll probably have that tire on for the rest of the season. They last forever.

michigan

Mar 9, 2001
I have run m5b's for the last two seasons on my kx500. It hooks up and has good wear, but my favorite thing is that it keeps hooking up after it has significant wear. I just got back from three days in the hills (Hatfield McCoy) and the center knobs are literally 1/4" tall now. Despite the wear, it kept hauling me upwards. Even after a solid day of rain. I was amazed.
Good tire.
BTW, I don't think you NEED anything larger than the 110/90/19. That one works just fine. Even in deep sand.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
Do you all run a IRC tire up front as well? Are their front tires pretty good too?... If not, what combos are you guys using, dunlop 756 up front?.. Someone told me a couple of years ago how great IRC tires were but for some dumb reason I kept putting a 739 on the rear..I am not doing that again...

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I've never used the IRC tire for the front of the bike. That chore is handled exclusively by the Dunlop 755. All three of my\our bikes have the IRC tires on the rear.

john stu

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 7, 2002
i run the irc ve35 in the front it has the same tread pateren as a dunlop 490 but with taller knobs seems to hook up great and last a long time

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I've used the IRC VE 39 front. Made for hard / intermediate but the knobs are deep enough and spaced out enough to handle sand. Available for below $40. The hardpack traction was fantastic and I never felt like it was lacking in the soft stuff. A good buy IMHO.

Top Bottom