2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
I've always bought tires based on price and so I've never had replacement tires worth a darn for what I do. And I'm tired of fighting my rear tire especially when I corner (slips out easily, even as low as 11 pounds). A lot of the riding I do is either at crosstimbers or Stillwater. As you all know, terrain can be hardpacked, sandy, rocky, muddy, etc, depending on exactly where I am and what day it is.
So, would I buy tires for hardpack, intermediate or what??
I'm just wondering what tires work best for you at these places so I can make a better guesstimate when I buy new ones.
Thanks

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I ride draper for the majority of my riding, and can strongly recommend the IRC M5B. Works great for sand, mud, and loam, and wears very well. That said, I have since laced up a trials tire and like that better. A common tire I see on many local bikes is the Michelin S-12. That tire has a large following, so there must be something to it.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I like Intermediate/Soft tires for the 500. Dunlop 756 has always been my favorite but I may try the new Bridgestone 403/404 before long.

I have Kenda's on the bike now. Washougal Sticky on the front and Millville Sticky on the back. I haven't been that impressed with the traction of the front but it has worn well. The back gave pretty good traction but after three rock races it has shed most of its side knobs.

A good comprimise is a 756 front, 952 back (Dunlop) I got an entire enduro season out of that combo. It didn't look good after a while but worked well enough.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom