WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
In the Albany, NY area I would have thought Michelin M-12's would be the hot ticket, but a lot of HS/Enduro riders seem to be using S-12's or Dunlop 756's. I'm using S-12's front and rear. When these things hook up it's a beautiful thing.

NDRO

Jan 6, 2001
S-12 here also..

I'm with Woodsrider. I used to run 752's and am a firm fan of S-12's. The area around me is much like upstate NewYork and east coast riding. (Ok, fewer rocks)

The only complaint I have heard about the S-12 is that some people say they don't brake as well as other tires. The jury is still out on that claim, in my head anyway....

Baked

Apr 6, 2000
They brake great as long as there's SOFT dirt. Anything with ANY kind of hardpack and you better have a damned good front tire to stop you.

CrazyTed

Jul 26, 1999
Another vote for Pirelli's.. I have the MT44 on the front and the MT32 on the back. I have raced with the 752's then went with the 756's. The 756's lasted longer than the 752's and the Pirelli's have outlasted them both with great traction.....

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Whatever you do, don't buy the Bridgestone M58!!

Earlier in the season, Dave and I put new tires on. I ordered a set of Michelin M12s. Dave had a new set of Bridgestone M58's lying around that he decided to put on,as his S12's had lasted a good long year. (I have a KTM200EXC, he has a KTM250MXC)

Well, here it is about 200 miles or so later. The knobs are still good on my M12 rear, although I haven't decided how much I like them yet. The M58 on his bike is junk. About every other knob is chunked, some of them severly. I should take a picture with the digital camera and post it for you. The knobs that aren't chunked off are rounded severly. We've both ridden the same terrain, and it is amazing the difference in tire wear.

kx125racer

Feb 21, 2000
s-12's are the only tire I will use. I have tried the rest and for hs racing, the s12 hooks up the best in all conditions. They last quite a while also.

JohninKY

Nov 18, 2000
My favorite tire in the woods or for mx is the 756. Wears well and hooks up in both soft and hard pack.

I've used the 752. Great in mud, but found it skatey in hard pack corners.

Also I've had good experience with the IRC M-5B, Bridgestone M-58, and Michelin M-12.

philb

Oct 28, 1999
IRC

What do ya'll think of the IRC VE33? I run these tires on both XRs, The rear seems to hold up forever in rocks, and no trouble braking or hooking up in the dirt. I have a VE33 on the front of my 280, jury is still out if I like it better than the Dunlop D756, which is a very good tire too.

X-Wrongway

May 11, 2001
VE-33

For the money you can't beat the VE33 VE35 combo front and rear. They work great in all types of terrain and wear like iron. The 756 works great but doesn't wear as well. The 756 actually leaves black marks on rocks when riding through the rock gardens. Pirelli's MT 32 works good in sand but SUCKS in rocks. Skatey and unpredictable. The MT 320 works a little better. the 320 is awesome in sand. In the ECEA we go from rocks to sand and the VE-33 is my tire of choice. IF you don't mind replacing them after 2 races go with the 756's they work great but wear quickly.:D

Last edited:

Top Bottom