Tires Which brand do you like? and Why?

mandark1967

Mar 12, 2007
I havent seen much in the way of tire discussions and since i just bought a couple pairs of Dunlop 739s I thought I'd ask what tires you guys and gals use...

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Dunlops, when I can get them. The 756 in the rear, 742 up front. The 742 front and 756 rears seem to stick almost as well on the hard pack as the 739's, but works much better in the slick stuff like sand on hard pack or mud. The 739's are very long wearing and if you ride on pavement occasionally, I highly suggest them. Otherwise, I suggest the 742/756 combo. Dunlop tires are very resistant to chunking. The rear tire I am running right now is a Michelin M-12. It hooks up well in straight line acceleration, but doesn't brake or corner as well as I'd like. It offers acceptable performance in all terrains from mud to pavement which is nice. It is also a very long wearing tire.

B

biglou

Three new Yamahas, three bikes I couldn't get the 739's off fast enough. They're hard, and the front end washes almost predictably in dry stuff or sand. I'd opt for 756's, Maxxis IT's or Michelin Starcross.

BadMotoWeazal

Aug 21, 2004
Michelin S-12 's front & rear for practiaclly any woods riding application. When the knobs edge is rolled over I turn them around & use them for trail riding. Maxxis SI is a cheaper option as well as the Kenda Millville K771 "sticky". I just ride/race woods & these tires have worked great for me.

ace402

Mar 13, 2007
756's are good track tires but don't take it to the desert. One of my friends wore a 756 bald in about 3hrs of desert riding in Vegas. They chunk horribly. The Maxxis IT's are the best selling tire in Vegas from what I've heard. One of the local shops sells TONS to desert racers. Before my Maxxis I had some Michellins and they wore very well.

BRUTE448

Aug 3, 2006
I personaly have a mich. M-12 from when i bought the bike and i really like it but the rst fo the fam runs D756's ....my M-12 runs alot longer then there D's so ima stick with it!

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
76GMC1500 said:
Dunlops, when I can get them. The 756 in the rear, 742 up front. The 742 front and 756 rears seem to stick almost as well on the hard pack as the 739's, but works much better in the slick stuff like sand on hard pack or mud. The 739's are very long wearing and if you ride on pavement occasionally, I highly suggest them. Otherwise, I suggest the 742/756 combo. Dunlop tires are very resistant to chunking. The rear tire I am running right now is a Michelin M-12. It hooks up well in straight line acceleration, but doesn't brake or corner as well as I'd like. It offers acceptable performance in all terrains from mud to pavement which is nice. It is also a very long wearing tire.
Wow........I would repeat almost word for word what 76GMC1500 had to say. I ride int terrain stuff that's real rocky. Before Dunlop came out with their front 742, I ran Michelin's M12 on the front.......good tire.

Denny1068

Jan 25, 2007
MICHELLIN STARCROSS-ive went through alot of them...but the ms2 in the rear grips like no other and then i threw on a dunlop in the front and it is a good combo

tn_tuxedo

Oct 9, 2004
I really like Michelin S and M 12's. I have M12s on my bike now. The rears don't seem to keep a square edge on the knobs any longer than others, but they keep hooking up. The front is the same tire I put on 2 days before last year's Perry Mt. 24 hour challenge. The knobs still have a sharp square edge, front and back!

02yz426f

Nov 15, 2006
Maxxis makes the best tire for the best price. I put on some michelin starcrosses when I brought my bike and liked them. I replaced those with the maxxis IT tire and LOVED them. They last long, give better grip, and cost less.

Top Bottom