MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
My first flame :( ever, I have read alot and should have known the basics.

As some may know I have a big fan of TM's. I met a dealer at a GNCC and he was looking for riders for his team. I said my son is an up coming rider at 14 and is turning "A" Expert this year in local events. He was interested in doing business with me. Well to shotren this story. I had ordered some stuff at the last GNCC but missed the dealer upon leaving. I spoke to him on the direction fo 2004 that he is taking and he mentioned he still had that stuff put aside for me.. I said sent it please. What I expected was a fair price like I was lead to believe during my many conversations. WOW I got smoked. A Scott disc guard, Ferdette chain guide, OEM chain block, OEM caliper Guard... just shy of $300. The 6.75 shipping was very fair. The Ohio sales tax of $18.85 when I live in PA does not make sense.

I was POed. Junior opened the box and started to fit things up before I opened the packaging list. Now this guy had my credit card # that I verified but never called back with a price. If I opened the slip first I would have called for return shipping tag fast..

Anyway I noticed the Ferdette guide was 25% over list price the Scotts guide was 40% over list and the Oems were double his cost.

I am waiting to hear back from him...regardless of what he does I will never buy from him again. Him is Coppersmith in Akron Ohio.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
That's unacceptable.

I guess a TM dealer is used to charging high prices, since the TM customers got the bucks to buy that expensive Italian stuff. Heck what's a couple hundy when you buy a bike for 7-8K?

No really you can definitely get the sales tax refunded, but you might be stuck with the price charged for parts.

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
I felt better to vent and maybe this isn't the best place but.....I buy from other places when in a pinch that charge list+ and don't mind when I see it coming.

TM's are pricey but only a few hundred more than a KTM. They do have a rep of being pricy euro bikes..

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
No doubt a TM is sure perty, but there is no better way to followup your venting with the best move possible--- don't give this guy another dime of your business.

Top Bottom