TM Racing 2002 300cc 2 stroke MX leaking coolant into crank case/combustion chamber

116gusec

Feb 12, 2013
Hi all
Ive been having a water problem with the above mentioned bike. One day i noticed that my bike was struggling to start. I took the plug out to inspect and saw it had milkyness on it. I then turned it over with the sparkplug removed and water came gushing out of the spark plug hole. since then i have replaced the base gasket and o-rings twice and have been having the same issue.
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks and cheers..

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
You may have either a warped or cracked head and/or cylinder that is letting coolant in the combustion chamber.

116gusec

Feb 12, 2013
The first time I did have the head and cylinder checked at a mates engineering workshop and didnt show any signs of that. The only other thing i can think of is the passage from the waterpump through the crank case to the cylinder.

116gusec

Feb 12, 2013
Not sure if it is only a TM design but I phoned up the dealers in Cape Town South Africa and they indicated that there is a "port" that connects from the water pump through the crank case (under the power valves) and up into the cylinder. I have never split the case yet but am going to soon. I'll keep u posted..

arnego2

Mar 8, 2008
That might be but it means your cylinder is trashed basically. There are also water lines running at front side crankcase but when those leak you crankcase would be trashed too.

Top Bottom