SpokerAce

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 2000
So is it going to be the 29th/30th? I'm determining which days to take off for recovery.

Anyone going to do a post on gor to gather more Georgia folks?

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
The trails at TNT are half as wide as those at Parson's Mt....and some are reportedly 1/10 as wide (I don't know, I don't go near those).

There are no whoops, but there are some ruts and roots. Not many rocks to speak of, though.

Don't forget the track! That's the real reason you're coming, anyway!

JP...I thought you were through with committments!?!?

Ace...you're nominated.

So, who is definitely coming?

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I need to go out and find an identity seeing as how we have a REAL Scott and a JP too. Anybody know if "Ivan the Gomerable" is taken?

I will be there one or both of the Sundays....probably the 30th UNLESS this devils ridge thing that I committed to actually happens. DELL, if you pull off Devil's Ridge...I'll be there.

The big dilema is if I want to drag two bikes down there as I hate the CR on those trails and everytime I take the XR on that track, I revise all of the frame geometry. I'm still waiting for the perfect combo trail/mx bike that requires no maintenance.

Stumpy

May 31, 2002
I should be there, Gomer, but you are going to have to follow me into the 1/10 trails... he, he, he... ask Scott about my alternate routes. :debil:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Stumpy: I'll go through the tight trails right after you do the triple!

BTW, the good guys were overheating their bikes in the middle of winter trying to go through that section!

JP: You....ah, um, how do I put this? You have to "qualify" for that name!

Bring 'em both!

(BTW, nice sig! :p )

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
All this talk about showers and personal infections is making me wish that you were a woman as suspected....now I'm just CREEPED OUT :uh:

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
The trails at TNT are half as wide as those at Parson's Mt....and some are reportedly 1/10 as wide (I don't know, I don't go near those).
Now we're talking! Stumpy, you gonna bring extra radiators? ;)

Stumpy

May 31, 2002
How long is this aforementioned triple, Gomer? :scream: :scream: :scream: :uh:

Scott... Extra rads may have to make the trip... extra bike may also have to make the trip if I'm going to follow Gomer and he's going to follow me... I think he should follow me first, yeah, that's it... :p

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by Stumpy
How long is this aforementioned triple, Gomer? :scream: :scream: :scream: :uh:
Too long. I won't even attempt some of the large doubles there. You really need to be an expert rider for them.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by MikeT
Too long. I won't even attempt some of the large doubles there. You really need to be an expert rider for them.

Not really. Gomer (before his crash) could do everything out there and now there are only 3 jumps he doesn't do but he'll be doing them before long I bet. Gomer is good, but not expert :)

Also, with the exception of the new jumps I have seen a kid on a KTM65 do everything out there. Most really good 80 riders can do the majority of the stuff too.

Ivan

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
To me, I think they are expert jumps. So, if Gomer can do them and he isn't an expert, then I need to be in the E class. (That would be one below the D class)

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
if I'm going to follow Gomer and he's going to follow me... I think he should follow me first, yeah, that's it... :p
I concur. Maybe the trees will knock the wings off of Gomer's bike and he won't feel like flying. :)

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
See, its talk like that that will make me feel like MUCH less of a man when I don't have the brass to jump it.
Hey, Don't let me stop you. Go for it! If you don't, I'll still be there for ya.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Stumpy,
You have the brass! I’ve seen the results from using it. Most times this :confused: , other times this :scream: . But I believe this may require stainless. :)

Just follow Ivan over it. ;)

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Ivan's jumping the majority of the stuff out there, now, so that might not be a safe route, either!

I'm definitely no expert, it's just that I have hundreds if not thousands of laps out there.

I think the triple is 55 or 60 feet. Must of the doubles are in the 30-45 foot range.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I guess I'm just mellowing after my crash.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
No, the wife has plenty of things for me to do.... You know how it is.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
"Honey, they were saying bad things about you on DRN. I have to go there Saturday and defend your honey. I know, I don't *really* want to go, but I'm doing it for you!"

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Now, that might work.........Hmmmm. I'm working on getting a new helmet at the moment though.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
"Honey, Gomer didn't get a new helmet when he should have and look what happened to *him*!"

That'll be $5.00, please. (The first one was free)

Top Bottom