Stumpy

May 31, 2002
Well, I had a big two day ride at TNT Motorsports park in Chester, SC this past weekend with a whole bunch of DRNers... wrench, ivan, scott, gomer, solo, and others... didn't turn out so good. last week started with a bad omen. I was riding around the yard and I lost compression, so I commenced to taking the bike apart to see what the problem was. First step, check the timing... WHOA! The chain had jumped two teeth on the intake cam. There's the problem, wonder if it messed anything else up. Pulled the head to see if it did any other damage... nope, whew. While I'm in here I might as well freshen the motor up a bit, eh. So I ordered a new cam chain, rings, gaskets, valve seals, etc... overnight. Parts come in like they are supposed to only to find that my buddy at the shop ordered a valve cover gasket instead of a head gasket and valve guides instead of valve seals. So, the mad scramble begins... finally found a distributor that has the parts and get a buddy to pick them up for me. So, its friday night and I have a bike to put back together because I am leaving at 10:00 the next morning to go riding. I get the bike back together and get in the bed... at 5:30 am. Got 2 hours of sleep, got up heat cycled the bike a few times to seat the rings in good, loaded up and went to TNT. Got there, unloaded the bikes, got suited up, and hit the track... note to self... stay away from the motocross track. Dove into the woods and got a good first loop out of the way. Got up to speed pretty quickly on the hardpack and settled into a good pace for the heat. Went back to the truck and got some rest and some more fluids and decided to go back out. Went out on the second loop and got into a good race pace with a few of my friends, came around a long, fast left-hander, and... S**t , tree, bam, ouch, stand up, assess situation, can't stand up foot hurts too bad, DOH! Of course, scott comes around the corner and tries to remove the ass end of my bike for me while I'm using it for support... thanks, buddy. :moon: I was going to t-bone the tree, but I got on the gas hard enough to square off the corner... the only thing that hit was my right foot. Broke my big toe and ripped the toe-nail out. (scott got pictures) So I'm off the bike for at least 4 weeks, so the doctors say.(I did ride it around the yard one time yesterday... can't believe I started it with my orthopedic shoe) The thing that pisses me off the most is that I spent so much time getting the bike back together in time to go, only to ride for an hour and be out for a while. Sorry for the babbling... Gomer, tell your wife I really, really appreciate all of the help on Saturday.

Stumpy

May 31, 2002
Just a little update...
I started wearing a real shoe this weekend! :aj:
I even rode the bike around for a little while this weekend, that orthopedic shoe kicks pretty good. The only problem was the grass whipping the bare end of my toe... stung a little.
I'll be back on the trail in no time.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by Stumpy
Gomer, tell your wife I really, really appreciate all of the help on Saturday.
See, I told ya. Super nice lady. She does a good job patching up all Gomers buddies, me included. :)

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Ya, well you know, we do the best we can.

Stumpy

May 31, 2002
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
She has asked me if I could find some friends that aren't so clumsy, though! :scream:

I'm not clumsy... I was going so fast that the tree didn't have time to get out of the way. It had that Beech in the headlights look... :scream:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
The truth is that you were going so slow that it grew up and broke your toe!

We were all amazed at your display of trials prowess. We've never seen anyone go that slow and not fall over!

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
The pictures could have been better, The shuter on the camera wasn't quite fast enough for most of them. I didn't get many either, except alot of Tommy, the dog, and Gomer's bike :) I did get a few OK ones though, I will post them later tonight.

Stumpy

May 31, 2002
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
The truth is that you were going so slow that it grew up and broke your toe!

We were all amazed at your display of trials prowess. We've never seen anyone go that slow and not fall over!

That's just so WRONG, man. I mean, even Scott was ahead of you on the trails... :eek:
I think I'll be able to ride some this weekend. :)

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
I'm not worthy, so I won't comment on the :whiner: fest from such a fast rider. Watch out Randy Hawkins, Stumpy has arrived. Let's just say I enjoyed riding BOTH days at TNT. :moon:

I didn't get the time after returning from TNT to truely thank Lori and you (Gomer) for taking care of Stump after the crash. And also for making the weekend great for all of the HH gang. Above and beyond! Thanks.

As for Barbara and the gang at TNT, there are not enough words to describe how well they treated us that weekend. TNT is at the top of my must "return to" list. Great trails and great folks!

I've been going wide open since that weekend, only been home for 3 days since. No riding. :| Hopefully I'll get caught up on what's been happening around here this week. Hope everyone is doing well.

Top Bottom