truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Ok, so they announced the advancements in the MX series I run. I now have a legitimate shot at some decent finishes. If I run enough races I'll be in good for some year end hardware hopefully.

Anyway, I'm considering a race on the 29th. It is a night race. Practice starts at 5pm and racing at 7pm. If we are close to being done on Saturday around 4pm I'm thinking of loading up and going to Top Gun in Charlotte and racing the 250D class to try and get some points.

It is only 1 hour from TNT and the track is mostly tabletops (JMX changes the track from its original design and only leaves in one double).

Anyone else interested in racing Saturday? We'll do TNT in the morning and afternoon then head out about 3:30 or 4pm to get parked and signed up. Race and then go back to TNT (or home for me) and ride again on Sunday.

For information on JMX fee's you can go to www.jmxracing.com

You do not need to be a member. Cost is $10 per person gate fee and $20 per class to race (or maybe $15, I can't remember for non-members but it isn't over $20).

Ivan

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I'm curious, and have a few questions:

Why do you race a 125 class bike in the 250 class?

How do/will you have the energy to race after riding all day?

What series are you racing and what other tracks do you race at?(maybe I'll talk to you more about this on Saturday)

What is this hardware you speak of (trophies, sponsor stuff, or might you get a factory ride LOL)??

What is this other track like?

I have to say that I am oddly interested.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by JamesP
I'm curious, and have a few questions:

Uh oh :eek:

Why do you race a 125 class bike in the 250 class?

1) Those are the rules with JMX. They are not AMA sanctioned but do follow most of the AMA rules. This just happens to be one they don't.

2) It is safer. The 125D class is a kamikaze class. I'd run the 250D class even if I had to bore out the F to qualify :)

How do/will you have the energy to race after riding all day?

That is why I'm not for sure yet. However, it is a night race and if I hydrate well and the stars are aligned right it may work out :)

What series are you racing and what other tracks do you race at?(maybe I'll talk to you more about this on Saturday)

www.jmxracing.com

They have 3 tracks but most of them are all at the Shelby Fairgrounds.

What is this hardware you speak of (trophies, sponsor stuff, or might you get a factory ride LOL)??

Year end awards are usually a set of tires, a jacket or something like that. They trophy 7 places usually... actually they are plaques.

What is this other track like?

Parker Valley is about the size of TNT (maybe a little shorter) and is really good dirt and almost all table-tops (I think there is only one double, double, double section) and no whoops.

Shelby is mostly tabletops, only one double and a stepup. Long, really long whoops section. Really tight track.

Top Gun... never been there so I don't know but Joe says he cuts out the big stuff and leaves it with mostly tabletops and only one double.

I have to say that I am oddly interested.

And I'm quite odd :)

Come race with me. I'll only do the 250D class. I usually run 2 classes but after riding all day I doubt I'll be able to.

The laps are usually 3 for the heat race and 5 (sometimes 6) for the main.

Ivan

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
Sounds awesome. My bike is still in pieces in the garage and I am waiting for "the little white thingy" tha holds the throttle cable in the carb that is on the spring. Unless I get lucky and find out where it shot across the garage and landed I am stranded until tuesday. I think I am going to have to take the front wheel off and roll down the handlebars and slide it into the back of the purple mini van to get to ride, but I'm not missing another one! :debil:

Top Bottom