creedaz

Sep 7, 2003
i was wondering if any of these would be a good deal one is ending soon so post fast.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50012&item=2432198864

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50012&item=2431730950

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50001&item=2432487183

thanx

Creedaz

creedaz

Sep 7, 2003
if you read the discription on the second one, doesn't any of the things he put on it make it any better than the other ones? cause i was leaning toward that one. but the price has gone up quite a bit from the last time i looked at it so..... man. there are so many things to choose from. i would like a bike that i can grow into yet i still wouldn't mind a bike to learn on first. but....grrrr. its all between a 100 and 125 (or 150). help me make up my mind!!! ahhhhhhhh!

Creedaz

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
The second bike is the one of most value, yet I wouldn't get it. It's make for flat track (racing around a...flat...oval), and therefore won't hold it's own offroad. You see the fork legs are exposed, those'll be beaten on trails, the tires are the wrong sides, and aren't the right kind, etc etc

creedaz

Sep 7, 2003
oh. i see now. i think i am going to go for number 1 because like you said the other one is more street. and its only two inches shorter seat hight than the 150. and its alot cheaper. look at the buy now. is $1500 a good buy on that bike?

Creedaz

creedaz

Sep 7, 2003
but will it do well in trail riding and maybe some jumps just to have fun. is it a good learning bike? i've never riden before.

Creedaz

Red Rider 53

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2003
The CRF150 is a great bike to build skills on. You can jump it but, if you decide to start jumping a little more seriously for $150 you can get heavy duty fork and shock springs from BBR motorsports.

Porstala F9

Jul 30, 2003
I have seen tons of kids who use their 2-stroke 85's in trails and do fine. Your best choice would be a KX or an RM since they have powervalves which allow for smoother powerband. Not exactly the best thing to do if you are doing mainly trail riding, but if you are one who loves speed and power, a 2-stroke is what you should look into. Personally, I love everything about 2-strokes. The sound, the smell, the powerband, the power, its just an experience ;)

creedaz

Sep 7, 2003
ya i have seen a couple kx and rm 85's in my cycle trader. but are they tall enough for me? i am about 5'3 and about 105lbs. and are they much of a begginer bike? because they are a two stroke.

Creedaz

Porstala F9

Jul 30, 2003
Originally posted by creedaz
ya i have seen a couple kx and rm 85's in my cycle trader. but are they tall enough for me? i am about 5'3 and about 105lbs. and are they much of a begginer bike? because they are a two stroke.

Creedaz

I would say that at 5'3 and 105 pounds, thats pretty ideal for those bikes. The RM is a little bigger than the KX, and the RM also comes in an RM85L model, which is a bit larger if you feel the standard 85 is too small.

IMO, a KX/RM would be a very good beginner bike and my choice if I were beginning motocross in the 85cc class, since they have great low end power which helps beginners, and also have powerband allowing for very smooth powerband. CR and YZ are more ment to be ridden the hell out in the top end and on the tracks, where a beginner might struggle with. And since Kawasaki and Suzuki's are identical from their 60's to their 100's, both would equally be great decisions.

creedaz

Sep 7, 2003
ok i think i'm gonna go for a kx or rm 85. ya i saw that the seat hight on the rm85l was like the size of the ttr 125 and the crf 150. but does the whole bike measure up to those sizes?

Top Bottom