thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I have a 200mxc and was thinking about getting a paddle tire and heading to Glamis. I have heard 125's don't do well in the sand dunes and it's hard on the motor.

Do ya think a 200 2-stroke would do well without killing the motor? If so how many paddles would you suggest?

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
I've had my KTM out at Pismo before and it did horribly but I think it was more a matter of jetting.

When I rode glamis with my RM125 it did just fine with an 8 paddle tire. You can get a 10 paddle tire if you want, but I believe an 8 will be enough for you.

Will this be your first trip to Glamis?!

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
I had my KDX at the dunes without a paddle and it did fine, once I figured out the whole standing up thing. It took a few faceplants though. :confused: Sharla was out with me on her KTM and from what I saw she didn't have any problems either. Except for that jump in 5th gear. :eek: Damn I wish I'd seen it. :)

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
dunes are hard on any motor. just run race gas and go for it. it is the best kind of riding. you will have a blast.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I rode Pismo Beach alot w/no paddle.. Not really sure if you need one for Glamis or not.. I would reccomend extra air filters though, sand gets everywhere..
RIck

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Ya gotta try duning at least once in yer lifetime with or W/O a paddle. One trip to the dunes shouldn't hurt. I'd run the jetting on the rich side on the main.

Top Bottom