To Jaguar

wumember

Feb 17, 2003
hey, i wanted to ask u a question about the oil per litre thing, u responded before on the old thread but i really didnt get it well, can u explain exactly how to reduce it, i think i know were it is but not sure, i'm a real newbie, and since i have to take down the carb later i would really apreciate this thx, also if u can like tell me were are the stuff i have to move and how to move them would be great, if not i'll be happy to thx man

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
Once you take the plastic plate off of the injection assembly (on top of the right case) then you just look for the adjusting thingie (kind a like what adjusts the clutch cable tension) and screw it in (CW) a few turns. You might even try adjusting it with the motor running and stop screwing it in when you see that there is less smoke from the exhaust.

Last edited:

wumember

Feb 17, 2003
it is screwed in all the way , the last time i took it to the mecanic he changed all the cables there, the screw u are talking about i supose its like the one to tighten the accelerator, or the brake on a bicycle, it is screwed in all the way, i think i am gonna have to change the wire, which wire am i gonna have to change, i'm guiessing its the one thats under that thing that looks circular and moves up(not clockwise) when i accelerate, how di i change that, sorry for all the questions man thnks alot for helping me out

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
I don't think those cables stretch (they can only fray).
So if the adjuster is all the way in and you're still getting too much smoke then maybe there's something wrong with the oil pump.
I say to hell with it and just premix your gas. that's what I do and I ride my bike on the street every day and put gas in it 1-2 times daily. it's no bad deal.
I just carry engine oil in a plastic container with screw top. And the side of it is marked for every 100ml. So if I am running gas/oil at 40/1 then for every 100 ml, I put in 4 liters of gas. I let the gas man put in the gas first and then I slowly pour in the oil while nudging the bike with my hip to keep the gas agitating while the oil is mixing with it. Then I put the cap on and get on the bike and forcefully push up and down on the front end (holding onto the handgrips of course) to more violently mix the oil and gas.
After seizing my bike due to a malfunctioning oil injector I had no problem going back to the old method of oil/gas mixture.

harry monza

Sep 28, 2002
Wumwmber
I just adjusted my oil cable.
Look under the carb from left side see plastic cover undo two screws.Under cover the cable runs in and you see two marks bottom mark is for idle and top is for flat out ,screw cable adjuster so these marks line up.

Harry
SR in Australia

wumember

Feb 17, 2003
thx but i cant screw it iun anymore i think the cable is too small, cause my mecanic replaced it, he maybe put iot in to slow, thx guys i'll see what i can do

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…