keefbikes

Apr 16, 2007
My bike has been smoking just a bit at cold start and after twenty min. of riding it mellows out. But I am getting a lot of spooge out the pipe that spits all over the rear tire, break, swing arm, etc. I have to wash the bike after each ride. I am running Redline at 32:1 with mid to high grade gas. If I do need to adjust the jets how do I get to them and what do they look like on my bike? KTM440

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Don't run Spectro at 50:1.. Bad idea. Changing oil & ratio does not fix spooge.

Jet the bike properly.

Open the manual to the section on jetting. It'll outline exactly how to get the jets out.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
keefbikes said:
My bike has been smoking just a bit at cold start and after twenty min. of riding it mellows out. But I am getting a lot of spooge out the pipe that spits all over the rear tire, break, swing arm, etc. I have to wash the bike after each ride. I am running Redline at 32:1 with mid to high grade gas. If I do need to adjust the jets how do I get to them and what do they look like on my bike? KTM440

Where is your air screw set at? Sounds like some careful tuning is in order. Mix ratio won't do much to help your spooge problem. Proper jetting, clean air filter and good state of tune (piston/rings) is where I would focus

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
depends a lot on how hard you ride it, and don't take that the wrong way. It takes heat to burn oil. Not as much heat is created at low rpms and/or throttle.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
motometal said:
depends a lot on how hard you ride it, and don't take that the wrong way. It takes heat to burn oil. Not as much heat is created at low rpms and/or throttle.
What is the temperature of the fuel when it is ignited? What is the flash point of oil?

ratso88

Jan 11, 2005
I believe the recomended premix is 50:1. I run 40:1 though on my KTM 550 MXC. Check out your air cleaner, set idle and adjust mixture screw. If it runs out on top, if you can hold on that long, your main jet should be OK.

If it's really dumping that much spooge you may have a sticking needle valve or incorrect float level. Having the manual and/or lots of patience helps. The stock dellortos are know for being hard to tune (read lots of things to get wrong). If all else is good just stick with it.

Top Bottom