To the shop.....how much $

Dirtykid

Jul 8, 2002
Hey,

I have decided that im gonna take my bike to the shop for a tune up and some fixing, i was wondering if any of you had a tune up done and how much it costed.

My carb needs to be rejetted, i need a new rear brake fluid line, and probly some general maintenance stuff.....

Can anyone give me an idea of how much it will cost ??? Money is tight :ugg:

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
You'd be better off buying a manual (max $50)and performing the maintenance yourself. A whole lot cheaper, great confidence builder, and if there's anything you run into that you think you can't do, we're always here to help!

Mar 18, 2004
Totally agree with Jboomer, a manual is the way to go - but better yet, get a manual and an experienced friend to help you. Once you do a few minor things with the help of a friend, you'll find yourself more confident and keen on taking on bigger tasks. Shops tend to err on the side of caution, so they tend to tell you that a number of things should be done as part of a tune up, potentially costing a lot. You could easily do a lot of the easier stuff yourself - things that will have to be redone again in the near future anyway - so better learn now.
Go here, search for clymer, haines, etc along with your bike make/model: http://www.fetchbook.info/

Dirtykid

Jul 8, 2002
I have had bad luck with fixing stuff myself..... I just want my bike to run smooth again, and then i can take it from there i guess. Thanks for your help.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…