Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
My Dad has been diagnosed with cancer about 3 weeks ago. Last weekend, he went to the ER with severe pain in his lower abdominal area. Turns out that he has a perferation in his intestine partially caused by his medication and must undergo surgery. The surgery went well but during his recovery this past week, the tumor at the base of his brain began to bleed. His speech is drastically imparred as well as other motor functions and has been in a great deal of pain even though heavily medicated. As of today, he is doing better and his surgical recovery is going well, though he is still in alot of pain. He is a well respected man with alot of friends and family. We have been staying with him in at least pairs for 24 hours a day doing everything we can to make him more comfortable. Continuation of his cancer treatment will not be continued due to his weak condition and small chance that it would ever help him anyway. Apparently, this form of cancer is very fast spreading and continued treatment could kill him in itself and make him even sicker than he already is. I am posting this here because I know there are several good people here that believe in the power of prayer. I ask that you please pray for him as well as my mother to have the strength to handle whatever situation may arise. Thank you and God bless.
John

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Praryers are on the way. I wish your dad and the rest of your family the best. Keep us up to date.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
John, my prayers are on their way! I wish the very best of luck through this extremely difficult time for your family.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
My prayers are with you.  Your strength will come from within.  If you need to talk, pm me with your #. 

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
The Gilbert's are praying too.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
maxkiks77, this is not the time to question another's beliefs. it is a time to offer encouragement and support. your reply was insensitive and uncalled for.

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Quoting Martin Luther King Jr. doesn't help very much either.

Don't even worry about someone looking for attention.

Reeks, I wish you and your father and your entire family the very best. May god look down upon you all and give your father the strength he needs to proceed.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Praying for you and your family.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
My thoughts and prayers to you and your family, John.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I am not much for prayers, but I do honetly wish your father the best. I hope he has a safe and speedy recovery. I will indeed keep him in my thoughts. Keep us posted.

IRISHCOFFEE

Aug 3, 2002
Prayer is the answer! I am a cancer survivor since 99. I do not have room to tell the story but it rivals anything you have heard. Am praying for your Dad and yourself. Do NOT lose faith.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Reesknight
You and your family are in my prayers tonight. May God provide the strength to endure and the wisdom to understand.
Tony

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
John: my best wishes to you and your family. Hang in there, you've got plenty of friends to help you out through this time.

To the moderator: thanks (missing the report this post button)

Top Bottom