N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Agreed! :(

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Yesterday the teachers at my sons pre-school asked if we parents wanted to dress our kids in something patriotic for today. My relatives from New York sent him a t-shirt for his 4th b-day a few weeks back. My son is wearing a shirt with the American flag and "New York" printed below it. :thumb:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Lost some good friends that day. I miss them all.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I didn't loose any close friends, but lost some fellow Americans to a senseless act and its a date that I won't soon forget. Its also my mother's Birthday today. One Celibration and one Tradgedy :(

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I'll never forget this day. I remember where I was and what I was doing at the time like it was yesterday. :(

I also remember having to watch "The Brady Girls Get Married" because I couldn't bear to watch the new coverage anymore, but it was the only other thing on TV.

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
I will always remember looking into the sky that day for planes and only hearing the sonic booms from military jets over American soil. :|

We still must make the bastages pay! :flame:

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Today is a day to remember that there is no gaurantee tomorrow exists. To day is a day to remember your friends and family and to tell them you remember, because tomorrow may be too late. If there is no tomorrow don't have regret wishing you had told someone something. Say what you have to say today and deal with tomorrow... well tomorrow.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
I remember my room mate waking me up and the disbelief I felt watching the second plane and then the collapse of the towers.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
In a weird way, it's almost unfortunate that most of us have slipped back into the lives we lead prior to 9/11/01. For too many of us, what is for dinner tonight or who is in the playoffs are now more important than the ongoing war on terror.

Everyone in the civilized world ought to keep in mind that the same basic players are planning the same extraordinary horrors. Giving in now and resuming things as normal is exactly as they'd like. All the easier to catch us with our guard down again.

If someone threatened to kill your family, you wouldn't kick them in the shin and walk away. This fight has only just begun. Or as they used to say in the former Confederate States of America: "Forget like he11."

Please support our strong arm in the war on terror. It's the only language the enemy understands.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Never forget, never forgive.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I remember heading in to Pittsburgh that morning to visit with my Grandmother. I got a wierd felling that something was wrong as i only saw 1 plane in the sky. Turns out the plane i saw was Flight 93 minutes before they crashed the plane.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Ivan, thanks so much for posting that link. I must say I was a little dismayed at the lack of footage available to watch last night on television. I'd hate to think that only two years later, the media is shying away from showing footage of what happened that day. As gruesome as it may sound, and I realize some may disagree, but I need to see those planes hit those buildings every year because it takes me right back to the anger and sorrow I felt the day it happened. It helps me remember those who lost their lives and those who began the rebuilding process.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
As gruesome as it may sound, and I realize some may disagree, but I need to see those planes hit those buildings every year because it takes me right back to the anger and sorrow I felt the day it happened.

I second that emotion. Everyone needs to relive that day now and then to keep in mind exactly why we are now doing what we are doing.

Thanks Ivan. Hard to keep a dry eye.

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Originally posted by Kawidude
It helps me remember those who lost their lives and those who began the rebuilding process.

Good point. I was talking to the wife last night about how none of the media was showing any footage of that act of cowardice and murder. The public should see that so they don't forget and soften in their resolve to hunt those terrorist *******s down and send them to their maker

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Showtime and HBO showed several shows protraying 9/11. So did afew of the non ABC, NBC, CBS type networks.

Top Bottom