Dirtman500

Jan 8, 2004
Has anyone had the belly button operation before?
Any idea how long I should wait untill I can continue crashing again? Doc says 6 weeks off work! Oh My! No Cable no Dish just rabbit ears, what am I going to do?

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Belly button op?
Good luck. I know when I had a laporoscopy I had to wait a month before I could ride again & it felt like things were tearing when I did ride again.
Check out www.trialstv.com - get a heap of DVD's to help keep you going. If you haven't got a DVD player, they're cheap enough. Each DVD's about 2 hours long - the indoors one is brilliant. www.monstermoto.com is about 70 minutes long & good. Then there's all the MX DVD's & videos.
For reviews, check out the product review forum to see what people think are good (and something to fill in time).
Hmmm, no work for 6 weeks, that sounds brilliant to me, it's the op beforehand that sux ;)

Anyways, good luck & let us know how it went (when you're up to it). In the meantime, there's heaps to read here :)

Last edited:

Dirtman500

Jan 8, 2004
Hey thanks for the nice reply! I need to hurry and get well! Going riding at Croom 1st of March! Croom is in Florida. Florida is great, there is a round yellow ball that hangs in the sky all day. Us people from Northern Ohio forget it's called.... The Sun????? Ohio sucks! 34 years and the winters get longer and longer! How depressing! All I want to do is ride in warm weather!

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Heck, you should be okay by then ;) You'll be amazed by your lack of ride fitness, but you'll no doubt have fun (ain't that what counts).

Yellow thing in the sky? We're actually seeing a fair bit of that at the moment, but our winter we definitely don't remember what it looks like & forget the name (what was it again?) Oh, Sun, I like that thing.

Hope you have a great holiday & are fully recovered by then :)

Dirtman500

Jan 8, 2004
Riding is my life! If I could even just hit the lotto! Heck i'd be happy with just 4 million! Then again maybe just an Electrician for Lockheed Martin will have to do. If I can find to right help to open the 700acre OHV Park ( A very moto...vated person) I'd burn the 4 million! You have seen some pictures that I posted of this place but to ride there and just be there and look all around and picture what it could be is sad! Laws,Insurance,Atty.Fees,Lawsuits,Leasing and protecting the landowner from lawsuits,Land Maintenance,Staffing,Business Plan that should of been at the beginning of the list...W/Operating Costs&Expense down to the nickle! Not to mention safegarding personal/family assets, handling on site medical emergencys(Par for our Sport) OK I could go on and on with the (-)'s but I have seen upwards of 1000 people riding here on a Saturday/Sunday (each day)
I see something great and organizations to say they would help do just that. They Just Say!!! I have been working on this park project for year and it's about to drive me over the deep end but I refuse to give up on something so great! Yeah it would generate tons of money but i'm looking at reaching the goal that I have set in my life! This park would become an ICON of OffRoad Parks! Just can't give up! Just need the right help! " If I had a way to reach many many people maybe the right person would really want to help!
I just don't understand why people the the sport of Offroading just want to use land and not get involved! "Here in the wonderful USA we have freedom except when it comes to Land and our New Growing Sport and the ZERO backing from local govt. supporting such new ventures" They would kiss our A- -'s
If they only would know what riders could do for towns and states that truely support our sport! Some research leads me to the State of Wisconsin, some good things happening there!Sure wish I had a way to get this message out to the right person or people before this what could be one of the best riding areas in the Country turns into the State of Pa.'s WORST NITEMARE ANOTHER $50,000,000 in trash tonnage LANDFILL! Time to wake up and stop killing people with trash dumped in areas that leak poison from dumpsite in natural drinking water supplys! Examples are even close to me! Warren,Ohio&Deerfield Ohio! So we go from pleasing many people by providing an excellent opportunity to enjoy this huge sport on our FREE LAND into a excuse me... Toxic Wastland! As a Rider who has a great passion for riding all I'm looking for is help! Maybe this could by passed on by others and people who worry about what color there helmets are would realize without land for our sport it's just one step closer to more anti-land access the will someday result in no riding areas. It will happen! A closing note to my thoughts and dreams is: I remember when I was just a young fellow and I rode everyday and sometimes never seeing anyone else for week and weeks on the trails! This doesn't happen anymore! God Bless Our Sport! Dirtman500/SShepardM@cs.com That's what's on my mind!

Dirtman500

Jan 8, 2004
Sorry and excuse me for my mistakes while writing what's on my mind about land access. I guess lack of sleep will hinder thinking.

Neil Wig

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 22, 2000
Have you ever seen "Clockwork Orange"?

That's what my belly button looked like after surgery (my bellybutton had big, blue eyelashes).

I went into emergency Friday at 4:30 PM, had surgury by midnight, woke up at 6:30 AM, and phoned for pickup....I HATE HOSPITALS!

My mother was a lab tech, so I knew what to say to make it sound like a strangulated hernia (intestine thru the hole). Otherwise, I would still be on an elective surgery waiting list.

I wouldn't expect riding would be a good idea for at least 3 weeks, probably longer.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I wouldn't get back on to soon. Follow the docs orders. I know it sucks. I'm relased to go this weekend :yeehaw: Surgury over X-mas for me, but they didn't have to cut me open. That news is good and bad meaning they went in through an existing hole in the body :eek: If you go to early there is a possiblity that you could damage yourself again and have to start the healing process over again. I would not want that as it could cost you more time. There will always be time to ride after you heal.

Atleast you have the I-net. No cable would suck, but so does daytime TV on cable. At least around here in the day they show the Candian MX on Speed sometimes though. I agree with Michelle. Get some DVD's. Dirtbike related as well renting from the Video store. It will keep you busy. Almost everyday that I was home from my deal was nice enough to ride. Weekends in the 50's :whiner: That is just perfect riding weather if ask me. It plan sucked! I hope the surgery goes well and you heal up fast.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
DM

Good luck on the surgery. I hope all goes well. Going under the knife is a be-yatch.

And I wish you luck on the off road park. I have a line on 400 acres but I'm outta bux. And the owner is a craaaaazy old man so sometimes it's for sale and sometimes it's not.

But iffin ya get it put together, I'll do my durndest to come and support ya.

Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999
I had a hernia operation when I was 8 years old. If I can do it, anyone can. Even when I was that age, I missed not being on my dirt bike. I had to wait atleast 4 weeks before I could do that. Good luck, and be brave!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Wow, good luck. My stepdad just had that done. I've never had that kind of surgery but I know surgery sucks anyway. Get lots of stuff to read. Also I have one of those Matchbox-sized RC cars--hours of couch potato fun.

Dirtman500

Jan 8, 2004
Well it's the day after and I'm feeling OK. Just have plenty of time for R&R!
Thanks everyone! This is the best site I have ever found on the net! I'm going to join to support this site! Seems like a great bunch of people here and to get together on various rides and events sounds like a great time! Enjoy riding and be crazy but safe! Doc says 6 weeks and I can go back to work at 100% full duty. I'm a Industrial Electrician and it requires alot of lifting and climbing. In the meantime I'll continue working on OHV Park details. If you click on website under this post you can see some pictures. My partner Mr. L is standing in the picture. Great place to ride!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Well, glad to see that you made it through!!! Take it easy til you are ready to ride again and I hope its a quick recovery!!!!

Natalie

Top Bottom