KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
THIS weekend (starting Friday evening) I will be camping with the wife and kids somewhere along the Tomohawk C loop (southern end, just north of Thumb Lake Road, off of Mason Pit road, just south of the spot where the trail crosses the river).

If anyone is riding the C loop and you see a white Chevy truck, black fender flairs and a white toy hauler trailer (the motorhome is gone) parked within sight of the trail - that is us. Stop by and say "hi".

My riding will be "with the kids" riding, so I cant really make plans to hook up for a "big kids" ride, but if anyone wants to tag along with me and the boys, or simply stop by for a cold brown pop, you would be more than welcome. Most likely we will get out to ride Sat, Sun. and Mon, mid morning riding from where we are camping.

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
We are riding this trail this weekend as well, the b and c loops only. We are staying at Sturgon River Campground. We have 5 bikes/riders going up and hope to ride Grand Traverse and Black lake trails TOO. If we see your truck we will say hi. Enjoy the time with you kids.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Hey mike your campsite may be overun now that I know where you are going to be. We have a pretty good size group coming up and are gonna be looking for a place to camp. We have a few good spots lined up. But if they dont pan out you may have neighbors.

Ill be riding with my Boy on his CRF100. So maybe we can hook up for a kids ride. Im leaving tonight for wolverene. Ill be either at Weber lake (doubtfull) or somewhere on Peet road by Magee and Springvale.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Hey Womanrider,
Are You And The Bruno-man/family Coming To Trail-fest, I Still Want To Hook-up And Ride With You Guys B-fore The Snow Fly's. See Ya Sometime Soon.

Dave.

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
Dave
We might just show up for trailfest. We have tried to get you to ride Evert with us a few times, but we do not plan far enough ahead. We ride every weekend somewhere and as long as the weather is nice. Whenever you are ready for Evert, let us know. The last time we were at Evert was after a storm, and I thought the trail was tougher(more rocks exposed). Bruno just loved it even more.
Lou Ann

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
MWEISSEN said:
Hey, Mike congrats on getting the toy hauler! You'll love it! Pictures would be great!

Thanks Mark! This weekend will be our first outing in it - big shake down cruise...only 50 miles of hauling it - just as well - that thing is heavy and the ole diesel will be sucking down lots of fuel!.

Here are a couple of pics - these where taken when it was still on the dealers lot. Sheila just fell in love with the open floor plan - and the micro wave, A/C, generator, comfy and private front bed..comfy chairs etc.! It kinda was our 25th wedding anniversary present to each other (gotta love that woman when she lets ya get toys like this!)

I set up the cargo area with two strips of e-track running cross ways - one at the back, then one about 8 feet forward. wheel chocks will then snap into the track anywhere I want them. One bike will go in facing the rear on the passenger (door side) of the trailer - rearward to avoid the end of the handle bar being right by the window. Then the other two bikes go in forwards, with one offset slightly behind the other (I use a special offset chock clip for that one). This allows the couch on the side to be down if wanted, the rear bed to be lowered. there would easily be room for a 4th bike if I put the couch up. Maybe this weekend I can get some pics with the bikes inside.

So - if you see that trailer along side the trail this weekend...thats us!

Attachments

• warrior interior shot facing forward.jpg
    warrior interior shot facing forward.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 184
  • warrior interior shot 1.jpg
    warrior interior shot 1.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 185
  • warrior outside shot.jpg
    warrior outside shot.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 180

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Don, LouAnn,

I will keep my eyes out for ya! I suspect you will easily find where we are camping if you ride C loop. Don - the wife says you can camp nearby if you are nice and quiet and cook breakfast in the morning...

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Hey Mike,
Well I never made it down to your camp. Thought about it but never made it there. I think I may have passed you on the trail Saturday though. The C loop on the north east side. I seen someone on a KTM with 2 younger kids running counterclockwise.

I was kinda in the zone and was busy chasing my boy down (#30 CRF100) and didn't even realize who it may have been untill I was past.

We ended up camping on Peet road like 1/2 mile east of Mcgee road. Worked out great.

Womanrider you weren't with the group that had the CRF100 with the blown out spark plug were you? That sure sucked for them. Heads gonna have to come off that one to fix the threads.

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
We did not have enough time(minor aches and pains too) to ride the C loop entirely. I took my daughters out and rode 10 or so miles and turned around. My oldest daughter has only been on a bike three times and hated the hills. We rode the B loop Sunday mid-day and only met a father(on a kaw) and child on the loop. Wow has that trail gotten wide this summer, especially the west loop. But those hills were a blast. Bruno and I had fun.

Our return home on Monday, a trailer caught fire north of Houghton Lake. They had bikes in the back of their truck. Anyone else heard anything about it?

Jake 76

Sep 17, 2004
WomanRider said:
We did not have enough time(minor aches and pains too) to ride the C loop entirely. I took my daughters out and rode 10 or so miles and turned around. My oldest daughter has only been on a bike three times and hated the hills. We rode the B loop Sunday mid-day and only met a father(on a kaw) and child on the loop. Wow has that trail gotten wide this summer, especially the west loop. But those hills were a blast. Bruno and I had fun.

Our return home on Monday, a trailer caught fire north of Houghton Lake. They had bikes in the back of their truck. Anyone else heard anything about it?
Hey WomanRider, did you get a chance to ride Black Lake Trails?

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
YZMAN400 said:
Hey Mike,
Well I never made it down to your camp. Thought about it but never made it there. I think I may have passed you on the trail Saturday though. The C loop on the north east side. I seen someone on a KTM with 2 younger kids running counterclockwise.

I was kinda in the zone and was busy chasing my boy down (#30 CRF100) and didn't even realize who it may have been untill I was past..

Yup -that was us! I saw all the Yami's in front of you, and kinda ruled that crowd out (I assumed you were on the X)...and as I saw you approach, I did not see a headlight on the bike - so assumed it must not be you...until I turned and saw a tail light - confirming it was an X! I yelled out to ya, but it was lost in a big Braap from your bike! Actually, you saw us a second time as well - Sunday evening - we were in a white pickup truck on Peet road (we headed up that way hoping to find you guys) - you and the crew were heading east towards where the MCCT breaks off. Again...my greeting lagged a bit, lost in a big braaap!

If you did not make it down to my trailer you must not have finished off the C loop...you could not miss us... trail practically went under our awning (just kidding...but we were about 50 feet off the trail in a opening by a oil well head).

Our ride was fun to. Saturday we did the C loop - met up with another guy up inthe parking lot (turned out his group was going to ride the B loop, and we did not have enough gas for both), headed back from there. My oldest son Mitch (just started on a bike in April - now on a 200 MXC), had a nice get off (them sneaky roots get ya when you are leaned over in a corner, and the bike suddenly comes up on the pipe...). No injury really, but bang him up a bit. So Sunday, just my youngest boy ( on the KDX) and I rode up to the parking lot and turned around. (about the same distance as riding the whole loop actually). I rode Mitch's 200 on the way north - fun bike. Mark wanted to ride it back so wanted to ride the same trail back as it would be more familiar. Monday morning, we all slept in rather late, so I only got in a quick blast north about 10 miles, then headed back to pack up the trailer.

Woman rider - dunno if we passed each other on the trail or not - I was on a 05 250 EXC, on kid on a 200 MXC (black front # plate and front fender), and my other boy on a KDX. Yeah, those hills can be intimidating for a newer rider - but they sure are fun for us! I wonder what caused that trailer fire? Boy that would be freaky - look in your mirror and see your trailer on fire! After hearing that, I am glad I added a bunch of "contents" insurance coverage when I insured my toy hauler!

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
If you did not make it down to my trailer you must not have finished off the C loop...you could not miss us... trail practically went under our awning (just kidding...but we were about 50 feet off the trail in a opening by a oil well head).

We saw a couple of trailers on the trail. Was that you setup in a area that resembled a fresh reseading ? Don took a shortcut back// "Digger" had warn him out. :laugh:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I guess it just wasn't in the cards for us to meet...lol

I almost went back to try and see if that was you Saturday but figured I would have to kick it into hiperdrive to catch your clan so I kept going.

The kid and I cut 2 of the spurs out of the C loop. He was getting a little sloppy out there and I decided a shorter C loop may be in his best interest. Hence we probably missed your camper. We met up with a group of Quads on the C loop. After seeing my kid they warned that it gets nasty in the trail to come. The kid and I dove in and it was some of the best trail we had riden. Quads have a strange idea of what good trail is huh.

That trailer fire could of been caused by a camper battery. My friend was just talking about how his new deep cycle battery shorted out while sitting on his trailer years back (tree stand fell on it and shorted it out). Burned the battery down to nothing.

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
YZMAN400
No we were not in that group. Mostly it was bruno and myself. He rides a black CR500 and I am on the xr250.

Jake 76
We did ride Black Lake trail Saturday morning. We will probably not return. We parked not to far from Cheboygan and rode the northern loop. (Man was there a lot of trash dumped along the trail. Thats just too bad, and bikers will probably suffer because of it.) The trail was not a challenge at all. My daughters would have loved it, since there were no hills and wide. Too bad they chose not to ride that morning. Are any of the trails by black lake a challenge and single line, or are they like the northern loop?

KTM Mike
I wonder if we saw you driving your white truck Saturday late in the day. I was with one of my daughters riding from the Sturgen river campground to the trail. Both on xr's.

Anyway we had a blast riding. Can't wait to go again to Tomahawk. We just love the trail.

Jake 76

Sep 17, 2004
WomanRider said:
Jake 76
We did ride Black Lake trail Saturday morning. We will probably not return. We parked not to far from Cheboygan and rode the northern loop. (Man was there a lot of trash dumped along the trail. Thats just too bad, and bikers will probably suffer because of it.) The trail was not a challenge at all. My daughters would have loved it, since there were no hills and wide. Too bad they chose not to ride that morning. Are any of the trails by black lake a challenge and single line, or are they like the northern loop?

Man, I wish I knew beforehand that you guys were planning on riding up there. I would have told you not to bother. Like you said, those trails are not at all challenging. The trails closer to Black Lake are much better and nothing like the northern loop.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom