RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Has anybody else been to his school? Since I bought a new RM I get a free lesson and who could pass up on it. It's the day after the Binghamton National right at the track (a half hour from my house) and it sounds like fun.

When I called to set it up and told the woman my age she kinda laughed but then covered herself by say that they had a 66 year old guy at the class in Southwick :think Don’t worry about me though because I’ve been practicing for when Tony tells us to go out and try the big doubles and triples, I’ll tell him “I don’t think so Tony” (As in when Al tells Tim).

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
I don't know how much help this will be, but I'll say it anyways. I have a friend who went to a Tony D MX School. The general idea that i got from was that the lessons weren't as helpful as just the time to be able to ride on the track.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I basically want to go so I can ride the track anyway so I should be happy.:)

MX265

Sponsoring Member
Jan 29, 2001
RM-Guy,

That seems like a pretty good deal to me. I wish I got a similar deal with my KX. I have not gone to the Tony D school, or any MX schools for that matter, but Broome Tioga is an awsome track to practice on. If someone is there coaching you, it sounds even better. I say go for it. Just don't ride over your head. Good luck and have fun.

Andy

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by MX265
... Just don't ride over your head...
Hmmm...:think

I used to race at Broome Tioga when it first opened in the 70's. I haven't been on it in over 20 years. I'm pretty stoked :)

MX265

Sponsoring Member
Jan 29, 2001
Sorry RM-GUY, did'nt know you've been riding there that long. :o

You know what I miss there are those downhills with the braking bumps at the bottom and that killer table with the rythem section right before it, or after it depending on which way you ran. Also that Double up on the high part of track that leads into the corner was fun.

Either way, sorry to offend a rider with your experience. I guess I was thinking if I were doing it, that I hope they would'nt make me ride over my head. :D

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
No offence taken. I was just trying to imagine myself riding over my head. I’ve had other people ride over my head but I never did it myself. BTW, I wouldn’t say I was experienced, more like I’ve had lots of experiences ;)

Don’t worry though, I’m way past the point of having to “ride over my head” to prove something. I fully expect to be the laughing stock when I refuse to do some of the jumps. I’m actually looking forward to learning some better cornering techniques. I’ve always had problems with corners.

The amateur track doesn’t use the big uphill or downhill like it did back when they first opened. I used to love the downhill until I got to the bottom :eek: My throttle stuck onetime as I crested the top of the downhill and I tumbled all the way to the bottom. Bent my ol’ TM125 (the Suzuki version) pretty good.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
MY general thoughts are that MX schools are all good unless they are taught by a complete idiot. Taking a Gary Semics school was the best thing that I have done for my riding speed. YOu will be satisfied. Just listen and be attentive to what they say.;)

Top Bottom