TOO much "Spooge" out the pipe!

lakota

Apr 24, 2003
I've got a lot of spooge coming out the exhaust on my '90 RM125. It runs decent through the powerband, but it idles erratic sometimes. I've just re-packed the silencer and figure if I don't fix it I'll be packing again soon and cleaning carbon out of everything.

I'm going to start with a smaller pilot and see if that changes the idle problem. Then go from there. Any suggestions any further? I have no experience with jetting. :(
I've read some basics online, but that's all I have to go on.

You can see a picture of how much is coming out the exhaust, and the spark plug condition after 1 hr. of riding - cut and paste the link below.

image1ex.villagephotos.com/2290835.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
Last edited by a moderator:

kevinkdx

Mar 25, 2001
You might also consider mixing your gas at 40:1 instead of 32:1 which i am assuming you are using right now. You will need to rejet for this change if I am not mistaken.

Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
Originally posted by kevinkdx
You might also consider mixing your gas at 40:1 instead of 32:1 which i am assuming you are using right now. You will need to rejet for this change if I am not mistaken.

It does not matter what ratio he runs at, if its not jetted correctly it will spooge. Period. My cr had the idle problem at times, go to a bigger pilot. My gues is that your jetting needs are in the needle, but the main wont hurt to dial in.

lakota

Apr 24, 2003
Now,
Where can I purchase the jets from?
I checked with my local dealer and they get $12 each for pilot jets! I'm gonna have a $100 in Pilot/main jets to "Experiment" with.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Before you play with the jetting, you'd have to make sure that the motor is in good condition. A leaking crank seal on the tranny side or other worn out parts could cause spooge problems.

Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
time to find a new dealer thats where, that is rediculous, the most i ever paid war 4.50 for a jet.

01RM125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2002
My dealer charges $9.95 for Main Jet/Pilot; and has none in stock. So I had to prepay, then wait a week. Am I the only one in my area that actually jets his bike? I don't think so, probably just the only one dumb enough to pay $10 for a jet next week (I'll pay you today for a hamburger next Tuesday:-)). Like the Honda dealer that had to "special order" a chain for my CBR (such an "odd" part to wear out).

http://www.carbparts.com/ is the best answer I've come up with.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
My cheapest local dealer charges $4 for main's and $6 for pilots.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…