GTiR_pilot

Dec 21, 2007
Whenever i ride it seems that when I'm in the attack position i carry all of my upper body weight through my arms and onto the handlebars. Making it very hard to smoothly use the throttle, brake and clutch, and hold on to the bike through the rough parts of the track and tiring me out easily. What am i doing wrong to be putting all that weight onto my arms and the handlebars? I try to hold on with my leags as much as i can but it doesn't seem to help.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Try to practice your body position with the bike on a stand. You should be able to let go of the bars without moving your upper body.

Flux3D

Aug 8, 2007
The attack postition should have you bending your knees with your body weight over the center of your bike. There should be almost zero weight on the handlebars so that (like FruDaddy said) you can take your hands off the bars without moving your body. Maybe you are leaning too far forward or not bending your knees enough. Just practice different positions. The main thing about the attack position is to keep your elbows up and your knees bent. Hope that helps...

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Also, if you are tall, you may need to go with "tall bend" bars to help distribute your weight. I've done that, and even though the tall bend isn't that much more, it really does make a difference, especially when standing.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
There isn't a single "right" position. As you start to accelerate, you should move your weight forward. As you start to brake, you should move your weight rearward. If you are on the gas hard, you can be all the way up over the handlebars without any weight on your hands because the acceleration is balancing your weight.

Top Bottom