Took my very first ride on a dirt bike ever today...

CousinLarry

Dec 19, 2006
Just got a first bike last week - a 99 YZ125..

Haven't touched it yet - was still just kinda sitting on it and getting used to the feel.. Last night i kicked it once and it roared to life. I just sat on it and gave it a couple revs..

Today I took the day off work to put some tile in, and I had an hour free so I wheeled it out of the garage, strapped a helmet on, and started it up..

OMG.. It was everything I've been dreaming about since I was a little lad... Holy $&#* .. I'm still high from it..

Very first time driving a motorcycle EVER. .. :D

I started off in my driveway, clicked into 1st, and rolled a bit.. Only took like one try to get the feel of the clutch. I rode up into the backyard, did a circle, came back out, went up the street, into 2nd, turned around and came back into the yard.. I did that a few more times and got the feeling of the braking/clutch.

Then I went out and almost full throttle up the road. I felt the front tire get light, banged into second, third, fourth.. I was freakin cruising :).. or at least it felt like I was!:D Headed back down the road, turned into my yard and nailed it.. Dug a nice rut in my front lawn.. hahahaa..

That bike is pure SEX. OMG I can't wait for this weekend!!!!!!

Best toy EVAR.

agressive1

Jan 23, 2007
Yeah as solid state says

I would suggest more runs on the dirt then the road, you will find when your on the dirt that you will be sliding more then the road. Take it easy the first few laps and gradually pick up your pace.

When your on the dirt let the bike do all the work for you, the bike will get you out of trouble not you.

Thats what i always say when im teaching friends to trail ride and its quiet so true.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Hooked baby! Your hooked. :cool:

Be safe and get the right protective gear for that FIRST EVER crash that is just around the curve. ;)

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Be sure to let that motor warm-up before you rev it to high!

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Sweet, That took me back! :)
Congrats on the bike and take the suggestions for protective gear seriously :nod:

Try not to get that first ever non licensed vehicle ticket while riding it on the street too :laugh:

DarbySS

Dec 11, 2006
I'm in the same boat, and it's a good boat to be in.

I've wanted a Dirtbike since I was a little kid. Well, at 28, I finally got one. I just bought a 2005 Honda CRF250R. I've ridden it up and down my street like 3 times, and I would use the same adjectives as the above poster.

Unfortunately, we have had the 5th wettest January in the past 150 years in Austin Texas, with lots of sleet, freezing rain and sub freezing temperatures. WTF?! This never happens in Austin! So basically my new fling has been sitting patiently in my garage for almost a month now.

I am absolutely itching like wildfire to get it out to the 200 acre track/park in my area.

I think I need to do a Sun dance or something.

wirefryer#85

May 26, 2006
If they could put that "First Dirt Bike Rush" in a bottle and sell it,..... oh my!

Knobbies and pavement = pain.

Get some more gear, find some dirt, and ride it!

Top Bottom