whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Heck if I know. I have not seen this happen yet, the ice pushes the duck tape off. Like I said, just check it every once in a while. I am pretty sure it is cold enough where you are at to chuck it outside tomorrow.

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
I don't know if it will be cold enough outside... it was +2 today, but it was -20something a few days ago. I'll put it in the freezer and let you know how it goes.

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
Ahh i chickened out. i don't want to end up having to buy a new pipe. i am going to call the local bike guru tonight to see what he has to say.

Bigdogdaddy69

Feb 18, 2008
haha yea i tried the freezer trick on my 97 rm 250 it had some pretty big dents and the water pushed them out but i also found ice sticking out of my pipe through a crack which was a hole after. That pipe was stock.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I have done it on a few after market 2t and 4t header pipes with good success. And no big deal! It is almost to easy. I am a plumber, bozos leaving garden hoses hooked up in the winter is a gold mine for me and an easy fix. On the exhaust pipes, the tape is the safety valve, it pops off. Now grant it, if the pipe has cracks or other weak spots you may have issues. The performance gains in getting them dents out overshadows the fact it may need to be replaced. Evilbay is a click away.

Jdoidge92

Dec 25, 2018
I put together a "how to" video showing how to build a clamp system that bolts to your expansion chamber and allows you to pressurize the tank. Pressurizing the tank (to around 40-50 Psi) and applying heat to the dents pops them out quite nicely, I was really surprised! I had some pretty gnarly dents on my expansion chamber and using this process make the tank look almost new!

I know this method has been around for awhile but there's not to many in depth video regarding the progress so I thought id throw one together. Hope it helps!

Top Bottom