dansavage

Jul 14, 2008
I took my bike down today to clean the KIPS and install a new piston and rings (mine still has the supposed suspect stock piston).

Upon doing so, I quickly learned that I must have had a small coolant leak? and the studs are slightly corroded - nice white and powdery. This is either normal or abnormal - I didn't have to ever add any coolant to it. What do you all think? If anyone has ever dealt with this, did you replace the studs, or just clean them up and keep on going? There is nothing to suggest that their integrity has been compromised so I'm leaning towards cleaning them up and using them as-is.

Also, I'd like to clean up the cylinder and valve area while it is down. What is the best way / solvent to use to do so? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

In the event you are wondering, KIPS is apart and in kerosene right now, I didn't choose to skip that even though all was well.

Thanks

dansavage

Jul 14, 2008
One more question for those that have done this before...

The service manual provides torque specifications for all KIPS components except the main valve holder bolts. Does anyone have this handy? Honestly, I'm not overly pleased with Kawasaki's manual, but that is what I have to work with.

Thanks

OLHILLBILLY

Jun 29, 2006
dansavage said:
One more question for those that have done this before...

The service manual provides torque specifications for all KIPS components except the main valve holder bolts. Does anyone have this handy? Honestly, I'm not overly pleased with Kawasaki's manual, but that is what I have to work with.

Thanks

Main Valve Lever Bolt? 35 in-lb on a 200. If that is the one your looking for, probably not much different on a 220.

Top Bottom