procircuit21

Nov 19, 2002
1. Piston, rings, wristpin (optional) circlips (!!neccesary!!)
2. bearings
3. Head/base gasket
4. Torque wrench (optional, but makes for more exact work)
5. 8-12mm wrenches/sockets
6. circlip pliers (Not necessary, but makes for easier work)
7. oil you use in your gas

I am pretty sure that is it. I can't think of anything else you could need. Anyone else; add it if I forgot!

kdxman15

Aug 21, 2003
Also the bike has got about 45 hours on it. I run motul 800. the bike starts first kick every time and runs good when should i do the top end.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Service Manual
Motion Pro Torque Wrench adapter (I borrowed 'Carvr's)
A can of Yamaha Combustion Chamber Cleaner will make cleaning up all the spooge and carbon a lot easier! ( Its expensive stuff, but really works good!)
Get an entire gasket kit (you will need 'em sooner or later)
I'm gonna order extra circlips next time ( I darn near lost one when it slipped and went airborn)
Feeler gauge and calipers
Lots of shop rags!
Gasket remover (My gaskets looked ancient)
Carvr's cell number and email address! :laugh:

Mine started the 1st kick too!
I had over an inch of blowby past the rings on my piston.
Now ever since I put the new piston in and messed with the jetting some more, it's starting on the third kick.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Sorry to clutter up threads with the same old hash.........but:

You're familiar with the 220 piston problems?

If your rebuilding a 220, better sooner than later, and don't use an oem piston.

Yeah, the failures are more likely in a modified kdx, but failures have also happened in stock kdxs.

If it starts first kick every time, you're probably quite a bit too rich jet-wise. That (one-kick starts) isn't necessarily.....isn't likely a good thing.

kdxman15

Aug 21, 2003
i ment the top end has about 45 hours on it the bike has been rejeted and has pro circuit pipe and airbox lid removed i dont no what else. i dont really thrash it. i was considering buying a xr250 but im glad i got a kdx it blows my mates xr250 out of the water in every way.the bike is a 95 200.

Top Bottom