The_Stampede

Sep 4, 2002
Alright, My bike needs a top end, I've got all the parts(so i think), Piston, Rings, Pin, Clips, Head Gasket and Base Gasket. But looking at Top End kits at online shops and what not, they include a bearing. Im wondering is this a part i need to get as well or can the one already in the bike go in with the new piston?

Thanks in advance.

Imho

Sponsoring Member
Mar 6, 2002
If you are going to the trouble of replacing the rest of the top end then replace the bearing as well. They are not that expensive. I would put this in the category of HIGHLY recommended, if not mandatory.

Last edited:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Ditto, why go that far and not finish an extremely easy part of the process. Just my thoughts as well.

The_Stampede

Sep 4, 2002
More because of time restrictions. It'd have to be within the week, i need my bike race-ready by Sunday. Although i will make some calls to see if i can get ahold of one. Thanks.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I guess if that's the issue, then you can change it all on your next top end change. Sounds like you do it often so it probably wouldn't be that big of a deal skipping it this time, <crossing fingers>. I went one too many rides on my rings and paid the price, it's totaled over 300 clams for the repairs. I can guarantee it won't happen again.;)

Top Bottom