JustinC

Apr 5, 2005
what does it feel like to have a torn acl? i was in a crash back in may and i dislocated my hip and twisted my right knee. i was seen by orthopedist, and he did not seem to think there were any torn ligaments. well the knee still bothers me from time to time. it feels a weaker that the my left knee a little bit, and it has a tendency to want to twist and pop, and when it pops it hurts. i am going to make an appointment with the doctor again, but in the meantime i just to hurt what you guys might have to say.

KDXfile

~SPONSOR~
Dec 6, 1999
When I tore mine it felt like the knee was real loose and might slip out of joint if you didn't walk just right. Occasionally I would pivot or step wrong and it would dislocate and there would be nothing there and you would hit the ground. I had to wear a functional knee brace when doing most outdoor activities to keep it in place.
You may have a partially torn ACL along with torn meniscus.
The only way to tell for sure is to have a MRI and/or get it scoped.
You may want to get another opinion.

JustinC

Apr 5, 2005
thanks for you responce. my knee kind of sounds like how you described yours. it slips out of joint sometimes. when i was finally able to ride again after the intial crash, i was at the track riding and my front end washed out, i tried to put my leg down to catch myself and it popped and i went down. i was cutting grass a few weeks a go and i stepped into a dip in the yard and it out then too.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom