Tornado hits my school in maryland!!!

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
I am sorry you had this happen to toyu, there are enough things going on right now without adding fuel to the fire. Hope everyone is ok.

By the looks of the pics, you guys got off pretty lucky. The buildings are still standing, not leveled. I have seen tornadoes here in GA level whole towns.

Maru16

Mar 29, 2001
Dang dude, you guys really got hit.
I've been through tornado experiences. Not at school, as i'm homeschooled, but close enough. Had 8 tornadoes all around (i live on an island, but the tornadoes were around/ passing through) and saw one, heard all.
Really freaky.
As far as how close i've been to one, i do remember one night, i was outside watching the lightning, and i kept hearing that "freight train", i thought maybe it was a tornado, then told myself i was crazy for such thought.
Next day, friend of mine says her house was nearly hit. She lives on a lake.
Tornado crossed over lake, lifted her lawn chairs, fake deer, full size trampoline, lifted shed and emptied shed. It picked up full size trampoline and lawn mower, threw it over her two-story brick house, and landed on driveway. Trampoline, literally was in pieces. Nothing left of lawn mower either. Her dock, torn up as well, but house was spared.
The tornado left, and also missed a mansion. Her mom was outside in the back yard, and she didn't see the tornado! It was right there, less than 50yrds and she couldn't see it because it was so dark. Talk about lucky!
But it could have easily gone north to where i am, and hit us. Tornadoes can't miss every house. Still, talk about freaky and too close for comfort.:scream:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Looking at the cars in lot 2

it reminds me of when the new freshman come to Baylor here in Waco and try to go around the "circle" for the first time.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Glad to hear you made it through it ok!

you east coasters are a bunch of troppers ! hang in there© by the way your parking lots looks a lot like mine when I'm looking for a space©

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Would be a strong southwind here in Kaaayyyaaaannnssaaaassss!!;)
Haayyell, I ride in 'dat there kinda' weather!:scream:

No, really. Did people really get hurt? I'm sorry. :(

Were people transformed into human spikes impaling trees, or cows laid down on campus from 2 miles away, or any of those neat "haystraws" stuck in brick walls, or...:)

Okay,okay. I'll stop. And no, I know it's not funny.

RoadRash

Sep 13, 2000
I assume this is U of MD. My sister was in the library when it happened, she said the lights keep dimming and the computers crashed 2-3 times. She said is sounded like the wind was really, really blowing but it didn't sound like a train. She assumed it was just a bad storm. She also told me two people died when their car was slammed into the side of a building.:(

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
I was outside when it all happened, i was actually watching the lighting as i was walking back from the gym. As i was looking at the sky, i noticed that the clouds were swirling in all directions which i thought was weird cause i was just trying to figure wich way the storm was moving. Then like 5 minutes later, i head that sound like a frieght trian.

It is true that 2 people died, it's sad cause they were sisters.... :(

Maru16

Mar 29, 2001
:( that's sad. but at least it was only 2 people and 100's of people.
but... still:(
felt sorry for all those car owners that got their nice cars smashed,rolled, thrown, etc.
also feel for the guy that owns the vette and the jeep with the interior torn out. Vette's have a long history behind them.:)
Was anybody injured?

JeffK

Sep 9, 2001
Tornadoes are unforgiving and unfortunately the weather forcasters can't predict them as fast as they can some other acts of nature. I lived in Charleston, SC when hurricane Hugo came through - My father decided we would ride it out and stay in the house. I will tell you that is the absolute last time someone gives me fair warning about weather and I don't take heed to it...

We were very lucky (many of our neighbors weren't) as our house was still standing the next morning but you could literally hear stuff slamming into the house - trees cracking under the pressure - and wind howling... for 8 hours. When we all came out the next morning I didn't even recognize my own neighborhood. Very scary stuff I couldn't imagine being face to face with something of that force ever again. I hope nobody was seriously injured and I feel sorry for those girls' family.

Jeff

Maru16

Mar 29, 2001
hey casper, on your site, i think you said that someone said that the tornado was an F1 and you thought it should've been something higher. Though you probably know by now, the national weather service said that the tornado that went through your university, was an F3 and that 3 people were killed, and something about 106mph (?????). But you probably already knew that.:confused:

Top Bottom