yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
TORO Race #4 coming up on the weekend of Jan. 12/13 in Jacksboro. So who all is gonna be there? None of you guys are gonna wuss out this time if it rains are ya?

So which one of you TCCRA guys has ridden there, and what's it like? Terrain? Does it soak up water well? Trees? Hills? Rocks? Let's hear it.

Race Flyer HERE

darnjr

Jul 5, 2001
Oh yeah, I'll be there.
I raced the TCCRA track there last season and it was very hard and dusty. Preacher Jim says it will hold up really well even if it rains, but from what I remember, I would think it will be a mess if it rains. There's no rain in the forecast yet and I'm hoping it stays that way. I heard we are going to do the same track as the TCCRA, but in reverse. So there is going to be one gnarly, rocky uphill, and a steep, short downhill with a hard left at the bottom. I think they're going to put in a grass track in place of the really loooonng straights that were there. Does anyone remember that straightaway with the kicker at the end...right before a hard right? And the cloud of dust hiding it all?
Patmanracing.com has the pre-race recon from last year.
DA

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
I just want to know how we will get up the monster hill leading to the camping area if it rains. I read a report that the landowner had done some dozer work on some of the nastier sections, but there is a lot of clay soil out there that could get pretty sticky with heavy rains. I am still battling the flu and hope to be well by race weekend.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
If I get my bike back together in time, I'll be there racing. If not, I'll be there Saturday so the kiddos can race.

In case you guys haven't heard, my YZ suffered a 5th gear failure and now my bike is spread all over my garage and some parts are in Kaufman county!

I ordered the 5th gear wheel and pinion gears Friday morning and they should be delivered to the shop Monday or Tuesday. That leaves me with *hopefully* Thursday and Friday night to re-assemble my bike. I am thinking it will all have to be done on Friday night though... :ugg:

-jeffd

darnjr

Jul 5, 2001
Jeff,
I see a four-stroke in your future to replace that buzzing bee you're riding (working) on. The sooner the better. I hope you can make it to Jackboro cause it's gonna be sweeeet.
DA

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Does TORO have a limit to the number of members? Can I still enter to run this race? I would probably run AA or A Open.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
I think they were planning on having a ceiling on number of riders, but I don't think they're doing that since they have over 500 members already (500 was the magic number in the beginning). I'm not entirely sure, it would be best to PM or email Will Pattison. He could tell you fo sho.

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Fo Shizza! Thanks.

will pattison

Sponsoring Member
Jul 24, 2000
well, smitty we definitely have room for you, but i must say that there will NOT be a pond for you to jump into at this event. :scream:

as to which class you should ride, if you are fast enough to be choosing between aa and open a, then you should definitely ride aa...yeah...that's it...i've put a membership limit on the open a class, but it only applies if you are faster than i am.

wait...maybe i should rethink this...if you are that fast then perhaps you could take some points away from bert for me. hmmm...

wp.

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
LOL. Sorry, but as much as I love hangin' out with a bunch of Texans, you guys have been pre-empted by the only competition to racing. I got a chance to spend some time with a new girl in Stillwater so looks like a no go for this one. Plus we have our banquet for OCCRA saturday night.

Don't ask me what I was thinking about the Open A thing. For some reason I sometimes forget that I have to ride with the fast guys now.

will pattison

Sponsoring Member
Jul 24, 2000
girl?? you would let a girl interfer with going to the races?? you won't be riding with the fast guys for long, hoss.

regardless, you HAVE to come ride with us now, speedy...i mean...smitty. i can only assume from your comment that you feel the open a group might not be sufficient entertainment. perhaps not, but then again, you ARE from oklahoma...

:)

wp.

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Hey, If it was an OCCRA race I'm there, Texans can wait. Plus I'm probably gonna try and ride early Sunday morning in Stillwater. I'll make one of these TORO's eventually. Our series starts February 24 so I need to get up to speed on "Red Thunder". I've never run a Texas race so I don't know if the talent level is up at all in the Pro class, but who cares I'd rather finish 8th in the AA than a sandbagger win in the Intermediate.

will pattison

Sponsoring Member
Jul 24, 2000
texans never wait, that's why we are faster than okies!

:p

i'm just hassling ya man, but i do hope you make it down. it doesn't appear that the next two events will be conflicts, so maybe we'll see you soon.

wp.

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
10-4. Of the two upcoming which is closest to God's team (The Sooners).:p

mhall

Aug 7, 2001
Bonita isn't to far from the Texas/Oklahoma border. It's just a bit farther west than Red River Cycle park. I'd say that should be right up your alley.

Top Bottom