Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Seriously? No discussion?

Thought the racing was good, for sure in the little man class.

I'm telling ya, Canard is the future.
Villamoto can't cach a break, insanity !

Yes, the jbs/rv incident was on rv.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I thought the race was a bit boring. Great track but very little passing. It came down to mistakes. Who would have thought the CR would be leading in the points with a 2nd place finish. Dungy finally got the top spot and Stewart managed a 4th.
The lites race was much better. Sipes really got booted off of the track after a great start. He finished respectfully. Wilson could win the East and might just take the shootout in Vegas.
Overall, this season has had the excitement, drama, and surprises. I'm really considering a trip to Vegas for the finals. Should we start a thread for Vegas plans? The top five in points right now all have realistic chances at the championship. I never would have thought that Dungy would have a chain break early in the season and just now get a win. If he carries any momentum in to the next race, Dallas will be exciting.
JS7, CR22, RV2, TC41, and RD1 are showing that they really are the best in SX. I have really not paid any attention to the bikes as much as the riders. If anything, the Yamahas may be the fastest but have the worst handling of all others. If anything, Honda and Kawasaki have their bikes dialed in the best. This is just really good racing.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Another crazy week!

Who was it that blew through the chicane at the start of the SX main, basically cutting the first corner? I think it may have been Wey and Alessi. Short was in the group, but backtracked between the tuff blocks.

I guess Alessi's motor seized when he was running 5th or so.

Never would have guessed Villopoto would have another bad week and that Reed would leave Canada with the points lead.

RV was fast once he got back on the track. I doubt he has ever seen so many blue flags waived at him in a race before.

JBS might still have been shaken up from last week. Just could not reel in the top 3.

Ryan Sipes and Bagget also had some bad luck in the Lites. Wilson was awesome, but Barcia should still get the title.

How about Malcolm coming up WAAAAYYYY short on a triple, while running 2nd? OUCH, that one had to hurt. Kid is fast. He should do well next year.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Okiewan said:
...Yes, the jbs/rv incident was on rv.
When I saw that it looked very much like when Reed and Stewart came together a few weeks ago. I thought Stewart was at fault there and this week it was RV that was at fault. The guy on the inside has the line and the guy on the out side is just that, on the outside and has to hit the brakes if they leave the door wide open on the inside.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
#22 and #1, consistency will win the title... maybe.

We may see better results by Dungey now, I think confidence is a big issue with him... he rides the best bike anyway :p

Exciting IMO.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
So I guess Thump will be along shortly to tell us all about the dirtbag move Stewart put on RV? I mean if Reed's was a dirtbag move then it must be so, heck at least Reed's move was in the next to last corner for the win.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
LOL Chili! Never would have guessed the crazy outcome this weekend, with the exception of Reed. He's on fire with a nice dose of humility on the track, no need to go nuts. Great to see Dungey got one...my 3 favorite riders on top :)

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
RD finally winning a race is not so surprising. CR leading the points is though! If enough people go down? Those 2 carried some serious speed, RD set his fastest lap on #18! The track was going away, no where as bad as the past. Tutu almost made a mistake, thats fast! TC set the fastest lap of the race, but I did not get what JBS was doing, scared from last week, or getting hit by RV? RV was not the same, except better than last week. I sure wonder what is going on with him more than anybody else. JBS does not appear comfortable, or the bike? His practice fast lap was sick, then what, oh do it for 20 laps? Nice job for Nick Wey, he got lapped, Bubbles was next! A crazy season is the understatement of the year. And its a long ways from being over now! All this insanity has reopened the door, now its any 5 racers title again. Ryan Sipes has finally showing some unreal speed. MS scrubbing the tuff block was painful watching the landing. Not as painful as watching Erin hovering like a vulture! I am glad Bagget and Barcia will have some time to rest.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
If enough people go down? I call BS on that one. I've never been a huge Reed fan, but this year he has ridden hard, and has beaten "the best" on the track. All of that and running an infant team to boot?! He's got my respect.

JBS - the man is silly fast, but can't tone it down enough to stay upright lately. That last crash has got to be still hurting him.

MS - I hope he doesn't follow in his big brother's footsteps as the crash master. Damn that looked painful. He was having a great night too.

Still a great season and it's anybody's crown to take. When was the last season where there were realistically 4 contenders (you might even say 5)this late in the season?

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
dirt bike dave said:
Who was it that blew through the chicane at the start of the SX main, basically cutting the first corner? I think it may have been Wey and Alessi. Short was in the group, but backtracked between the tuff blocks.

Alessi and Stroupe, both were penalized a lap which was pretty irrelevant given they both DNF'd.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Reed gets some props for having the points lead on a fledgeling team. Evidently priced himself out of the market, but now he's thumbing his mangina at the rest of 'em. Methinks Honda is probably throwing some parts his way to see the wing on the box, though.

Wonder if Pourcel wishes he'd started something up to do the same . . .

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Chili said:
Alessi and Stroupe, both were penalized a lap which was pretty irrelevant given they both DNF'd.

Thanks, Chili. Glad to hear Wey was not in the group - he had a solid ride.

IMO, the track design was at least partly to blame for the corner cutting. Pretty obvious that would happen if someone got shoved wide on the start.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
What a great year, talk about up and down! Can't remember the last time so many guys were in contention.

Great to see RD finally on the top step and CR so consistent with JS still the fastest man on the track but not 1st past the post when it counts.

RV's hot and cold stuff - bet he regrets not trying to charge back in his heat last week instead of thinking it would be a slam dunk in the LCQ.

I'm loving the stuff Canard is doing, clean passing with a little rubbing. I'm picking him to do well outdoors too.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I'm thinking Villi was having bike issues after his fall?... something with his throttle?

I'm thinking the big KXF is kind of a fat pig (Reed stunk up the place on it), Villi might be owning it all if on a different bike... maybe.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
No news on Ivan, he was going fine then the last few laps?? He appeared out cold? Who is Izoird? Besides the guy with the 3 digit # and lead a lap? Where did the rumor start about Reed and money? He has enough. He retired at the end of last year, mangina leaking or dry, or both, he had to step aside, blah blah blah? Then he jumps up at the last minute, like, I am ready now? I did not get that entire deal, except it was because of his health. But I do get, he is riding as good as I have ever seen him/fast. I honestly feel he is no longer Mr.3rd, now he is second. And it goes with Tutu-2 overall. RV will pull it off, and no more screwing around. Bubbles will blame it on his bicycle conditioning, just like his dad said, and finish 3rd or 4th, hopefully.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Izoird is a French rider with some limited SX experience that Factory Kawi brought over to ride Weimer's bike while he's hurt.

Reed had some health issues last year but it was pretty evident he wasn't digging life on the green bike. Sounded like he was close to signing a deal with Factory Honda until Josh Grant basically offered to ride for bonus money to get a ride. At that point no one had the budget dollars left that Reed felt he deserved so he had the choice to retire or start his own gig.

Top Bottom