Torque Difference with Motion Pro Adapter

cr250-2000

Oct 13, 2006
I am planning to rebuild my top-end this weekend and will be using the motion pro adapter to torque down the cylinder. Does anyone know the amount of ft/lbs for a 2000 CR 250 cylinder when using the motion pro adapter? Directions say you have to recalculate the torque based on the length of the adapter using a provided formula. Always hated math
Any body know what the amount is with out calculating so I check my work!
Thanks Marc

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
what is it, sort of a crow's foot type adaptor?

sounds like a fun toy but in my opinion is the solution to a problem that doesn't exist. i've never heard of a problem with just snugging the nut behind the power valve cover without a torque wrench, you can use the torque wrench on the others to get a feel, using an open end wrench on them after they are already torqued. They should be "close" to same torque but this isn't rocket science.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
motometal said:
what is it, sort of a crow's foot type adaptor?

sounds like a fun toy but in my opinion is the solution to a problem that doesn't exist. i've never heard of a problem with just snugging the nut behind the power valve cover without a torque wrench, you can use the torque wrench on the others to get a feel, using an open end wrench on them after they are already torqued. They should be "close" to same torque but this isn't rocket science.

+1 times 30 topends and counting.

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
run the adapter 90 degrees from the centerline of the torque wrench handle.
Reads as normal.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I had to think about SFOs post for a moment...I'm sure he is right, he is saying if you make the adaptor extend outwards then keep your torque wrench perpendicular (at a 90 degree angle) to it (in other words roughly paralell with the long axis of the bike) there should be no conversion/adjustment needed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom