Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Tortelli returns for St. Louis

After missing the last two rounds of the 2002 EA Sports Supercross Series, Team Honda's Sebastien Tortelli has decided to race this weekend's St. Louis SX. Tortelli suffered a severely bruised back in New Orleans and was unsure whether he would return to SX this year or just wait for the outdoor nationals. This week, however, Tortelli decided that the best way to prepare for the outdoors would be to start racing as soon as possible.

Hope he doesn't push it and stays healthy for the outdoors. He has the speed to push RC all the way to the championship but he has to be healthy

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Agreed Senior, next to RC Tortelli may be the person with the next best shot at an outdoor title. He is always blazing fast, but injuries have held him back for the past couple years. With him and RC on the same team it could make things potentially interesting.

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Hondas overall lineup is quite strong. Outdoors they're going to have RC and Tortelli on 250's; Larocco and Ramsey on 450's and then in the 125 class they'll have Fonseca(works 250F?), Preston, Gosselaar, and Byrne. Honda definitely has some money invested in their race program.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Honda's making a BAD move putting Fonseca on the 250F (if there is such a damn thing) outdoors. He blows outdoors. They face all the impressionable teenyboppers dropping their rock for blue. And we all know MXA isn't going to help either. :silly:

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Im glad to here that Seb is doin better. Hes a great guy and good competitor. I had the chance to ask him about the #13 thing, he said its not bad luck back in France, so he didnt care about having it. I dont consider myself to be superstisous, but still, I dont think I could run 13.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Originally posted by MTRIDER
He should CHANGE NUMBERS !!!!!!!!!

What's wrong with 13. I was born on the 13th.... Friday the 13th! Always been good luck for me. :)

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by nephron
Honda's making a BAD move putting Fonseca on the 250F (if there is such a damn thing) outdoors. He blows outdoors. They face all the impressionable teenyboppers dropping their rock for blue. And we all know MXA isn't going to help either. :silly:

2001 125 Final National Points

1. Mike Brown 458
2. Grant Langston 444
3. Ernesto Fonseca 335
4. Larry Ward 332
5. Brock Sellards 312
6. Travis Pastrana 311
7. Nate Ramsey 249
8. Rodrig Thain 223
9. Branden Jesseman 207
10. Scott Sheak 201

Yep Ernesto blows outdoors.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Did Honda use up it's one prototype with the 450 last year? Is the exemption for running a non-prodution bike one per manufacturer or one per model. I think I read somewhere that Honda used it's exemption up and would have to release some cr250f's bfore it could race them. Do you guys know if this is another rumor or the realo deal by the AMA book? I am also glad to see Tortelli back but really would enjoy seeing RC Larocco, Ferry and him all healthy and duking it out for the outsoors.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom