tuz371

Oct 22, 2003
First time on this site, so hello to you all. HMAN saw my post over on Motonews and said to come here with my dilema.

I am interested in joining up at Tower City but from what I read, to ride as a guest, I need to go with a member from Tower City. Any of you Tower City members willing to let me tag along for a day so I can check things out? I live outside Doylestown, PA and race MX. I am looking for someplace else to ride that's open year round, not too expensive and has a good variety. Tired of riding the same tracks all the time.

Anyone who could help me out, I would much appreciate it!! E-mail me if you can assist.

Thanks,
Ted

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
You can go down without a member and tell them your checking the park out to consider joining. You fill out the paper work, pay $30 get the briefing, grab a map, and look for someone to show you around. If you want to just ride as a guest on a regular basis and not join after you check it out and cant find any members, post again and Ill try to hook you up as I know a few. What kind of bike do you have?
Its $250 a year and I herd if you pay $300 right now your good through 2005!

tuz371

Oct 22, 2003
Jason,

I ride an '02 CRF-450. Race the Vet Novice though I should move up to Am. Just looking for someplace to ride that I won't get bored with after the tenth time.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
A CRF aye? Well, thats a Thumper none the less :) . Check the North East ride forum at ThumperTalk.com there is usally a group that rides TC like every other week if not every weekend this time of year. Lots of XR 650s so the CRF should fit right in LOL.

Draybob

~SPONSOR~
Sep 29, 2002
Hey tuz, if you get a chance to go up on a Sunday. They have a group ride that will take you all over the place. It starts at 10:30am I believe and it's a good way to meet some people and see a lot of the land. They'll do about 25 miles in a couple of hours for the fast group. Be sure and check out their website for dates they're closed before you go though. They share the land with a hunting club and they have preset no ride days. I think this Saturday is a no ride day but I'd have to check.

I'd offer to ride with you, but most of my days off are during the week. I go up on Mondays a lot. If you'd be able to go up then I'd be willing to hook up with you sometime.

The membership is 200 a year if you join, but that would include wife and kids living at home also. It's a pretty good bargain.

tuz371

Oct 22, 2003
Thanks for the information guys. 25 miles? How many laps on a MX track is that? Will I need to install a bigger tank? I have no idea what 25 miles equates too. I'm so stoned!!!!!!!!!!!!! (joking)

Draybob, I may take you up on the Monday offer in a couple of weeks. I could use a day off from the grind. I will have to check in with you.

I used to surf over at TT fairly often but got sidetracked. Didn't know they had that section. I'll have to dig up my login so I can check it out.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
You can easily do 25 miles on a 2 stroke MX gas tank. I usually figure 17 mpg when I trail ride a 250. A 125 will get better milage. My son went 40 miles on a tank of gas on his RM125 and still had some left. It holds 2.2 gallons.

Draybob

~SPONSOR~
Sep 29, 2002
No problem with the gas for sure tuz. They take a stock gas tank size into consideration when planning the ride. They just make sure everyone is topped off before they take off.

Let me know if you want to ride. I won't be going this Monday with the heavy rains we're supposed to get, but we'll see after that. My schedule gets a little more erratic in November and December but it looks like I have the 10th and the 17th off in November.

tuz371

Oct 22, 2003
Just so humor about the gas thing. I'm so used to riding on closed tracks that I never have too worry about having enough gas.

Doug, I appreciate the offer. I just talked to a friend who is interested in checking TC out on a Sunday but it will be after the middle of November. I am interested in meeting up with you. I think the 10th is a better day for me. What kind of lead time would you need to arrange something?

Draybob

~SPONSOR~
Sep 29, 2002
Just e-mail me a couple of days before and we'll set up a time to meet. I'll plan on keeping the 10th open. I've only been a member a couple of months so I don't know all the trails, but always glad to have a riding partner.

Oh, e-mail is Draybob@direcway.com

RedWingDS

Sep 23, 2003
id love to explore some trails at Tower City,Paragon, or private land.

if RM_guy can get 17 miles to a gallon just about anyone can.
he's pretty much a point twist roost and go kind of guy.and on some occasions twist roost point and go type ;)

Red RedWingDS@msn.com
"dirt biking good clean fun"

i love the smell of KLOTZ R50 in the morin`

AreSTG

Nov 4, 2003
i am joining Tower city within a month or two(not sure if i want to right now it turning into winter) but i will be going up with two friends, and one of those friends brother and dad. I'd liek to meet some of you up there, maybe I'll post that im going up before hand. They bought a camper or somethign adn they stay for days at a atime from what they say. I cant wai.

but anyway they told me its only $200 to join, or $30 per visit. So im not sure who's right about the upfront membership you or them...?

Top Bottom