Townley Plans To Return At Red Bud

Press

Super Power AssClown
May 19, 2006
Team Monster/Pro Circuit/ Kawasaki rider plans to return after being sidelined for five months

[img2=left]http://dirtrider.net/news/townley.jpg[/img2]Irvine, Calif. (June 28, 2006) – Team Monster/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki rider, Ben Townley, plans to return to the AMA Motocross Championship series racing in the Motocross Lites class on July 2nd at Red Bud Track-N-Trail near Buchanan, Mich. Townley has been sidelined with a knee injury since mid-January.

“I was really pumped to race for Team Monster/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki this year, everyone on the team was excited to have me on board and my KX™250F was running awesome. It was a huge let down for me and my team when I got hurt,” said Townley. “But I’ve been working hard, and between training and therapy, my knee is close to 100 percent. I’m ready to get back to what I love to do, and hopefully win a few races."

The 21-year-old New Zealander took home top honours in the 2004 FIM World MX2 Championship, and prior to his injury proved his abilities by finishing third overall in the 2005 FIM MX1 series. Townley also amazed all in attendance at the 2005 Motocross des Nations by posting a second overall finish and looks forward to challenging the world’s best riders in the Motocross Lites class for the remainder of the 2006 AMA Motocross Season.

Top Bottom