pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
Really not sure if this is the right forum to put this thread in, but here it is anyway. I am doing a project for my Equipment Operation and Repair class at my NCOC BOCES (local vocational ed. school). The project means doing a presentation on anything that can apply to my class in any way whatsoever. I wanted to do somehting on dirtbikes, but all i could think of a for a second use for a dirtbike would be a roto-tiller. So i decided to pick track constuction. I have already checked out the Dirt Wurx site, but i am wondering if anyone has any pictures of their own on local tracks, construction of tracks and machines used to maintian and upkeep, etc... as I am interested in the whole process, like land clearing (chainsaws, skidders) and such, not just the track construction itself. Also i would like to include a portion at the end of the presentation on the machines used on the tracks, so if anyone has pictures of thier bikes/quads at the track. Also i was thinking maybe i could bring in a PS2 and ATV Offraod Fury2 to hookup as part of the presentation. I am not sure but i think that there is a Track Builder part of the game? I think it would be cool to see if i couldnt talk my boyfriend into using his PS2. I dont have acess to MX Unleashed so thats out of the question for now, but if anyone has any pictures of the Track Builder portion of the game that would be really cool, helpful and appreciated. Also if anyone has any pictures of various peices of heavy equipment that could be applied that would be cool too. Specfic equipment that Dirt Wurx reccomended are dozers-JD 450,550, and 750, Cat D-4, D-6H, and D-7h, and loaders- JD 624, 644, and Cat 938 and 950. If any of ya'll have pics or info or tips on what you use, or what works for you or your local tack that would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has any ideas on how to present the info. I was thinking using a Power Point presentation and the PS2 thing.

Thanks in advance

~Jamie :aj:

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
I know people that have built pretty nice tracks on their property. I'll see if I can get you some pics. DirtWurx is right about equipment if you are serious about doing it. I made my track mostly with one of these, it gets the job done but the amount of dirt you have to move is unbelievable. I'll see if I can find a few pics of my track. Its covered with leaves as it is in a wooded area and the pics will be of sections because you can't see it all due to elevation changes and trees.

Attachments

• Picture 073.jpg
    Picture 073.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 94
Top Bottom