sraser

May 31, 2001
I have heard some people talk about a track that is just off of the 101 near Ventura, but I have not been able to confirm whether or not this is true. Does anybody know if there is indeed a track or a place to ride around there?? Also, I am a student at UCSB and am living in Isla Vista. I don't know anyone else who rides around here, and I am looking for someone to ride with. If you have any info or you are in the area and want to ride, drop me an email at sraser@mail.com
Thanks!

FRANK BUTCHER

Dec 1, 2000
THERE IS A PRACTICE AREA OFF 101 JUST BEFORE YOU GET TO THE RINCON BUT IT IS FOR KIDS,I HAVE HEARD THAT ADULTS WILL GET CHASED OUT AS IT ISN'T A REAL LEGAL RIDING AREA.THERE IS A LEGAL PRACTICE TRACK OFF THE DIVIDE PEAK OHV TRAIL WHICH YOU GET TO ON EAST CAMINO CIELO.

sraser

May 31, 2001
i wouldn't mind going up to check out that divid epeak place, but i am not exactly sure how to get there. if you wouldn't mind, could you maybe post some directions? i would be coming from Isla Vista. also, you say that they don't really approve of adults riding at that place near rincon......how would they feel about an 18 year old? i just thought i'd check it out. thanks again for th ehelp.
-Sean

FRANK BUTCHER

Dec 1, 2000
TO GET TO THE DIVIDE PEAK AREA TAKE SAN MARCOS PASS TO THE TOP AND TURN RT ONTO EAST CAMINO CIELO AND STAY ON THAT FOR ABOUT 10 MILES AND YOU WILL COME TO A FORK,GO LEFT [TO THE RT IS GIBRALTAR RD] GO ABOUT 7 MORE MILES UNTIL THE ROAD TURNS TO DIRT,GO ABOUT 1 MILE TO THE DIVIDE PEAK TRAIL,PARKING IS ON THE LEFT.TAKE THE TRAIL 2 OR 3 MILES TO A OPEN AREA AND THE TRAIL TO THE TRACK IS ON THE RT.CALL ME AT WORK BEFORE 2:30 [800-235-6954 X 3224 ] IF YOU NEED MORE INFO.I'M GOING UP THERE IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS TO TRAIL RIDE BUT I'M TO OLD AND SLOW FOR MORE THAN 1 LAP OF A TRACK.

sraser

May 31, 2001
Thanks again for the directions. I actually went up to the divide peak area on Sunday, and it was a pretty cool place to ride. I plan on going up there a lot more often, and if you are ever interested in making a trip up there, let me know. The best way ould be through email.
sraser@mail.com

-SEan

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
If you followed Frank's directions then you drove right by my house on Sunday. :)

Aparently if you continue straight on the fireroad (don't turn to go to the track), then you will eventually run into a pond. The route is REALLY rocky and the last time I headed that way I had to turn back. I'd like to try that way again sometime.

We'll let you know if we head up that way anytime soon. Maybe we can meet up there.

sraser

May 31, 2001
That would be great. I am always lookig for people to ride with around here, so let me know if you guys are ever planning a trip or anything.
-Sean

Top Bottom