randomfish

Jul 29, 2006
I want to find a track close to my house, to practice on. I've Never been on one. I'm afraid I'll show up and get run over. :ride: Anything I should know? Are they busy? Are some better than others?

I'm sooo new :|

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
randomfish said:
I want to find a track close to my house, to practice on. I've Never been on one. I'm afraid I'll show up and get run over. :ride: Anything I should know? Are they busy? Are some better than others?

I'm sooo new :|

You live in So. Cal...you are in the heart of many.

1. Hold your line
2. Hold your line
3. Don't ride over your head
4. Have fun

progirlz

Sep 8, 2006
Get on proride.com too....they are all track guys and happily help. They all meet up every week too. I'm not a track rider at all but I like the board.

randomfish

Jul 29, 2006
thank you.

"hold your line" ?

Thanks progirlz! Lots of track info on that site. I just registered. They seem nice. :)

Last edited:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
randomfish said:
"hold your line" ?

Don't worry about what's coming up behind you, and try to get out of their way. If you are in front of someone, it's your line, if they want around you, they will find a way. However, be predictable, don't randomly shift from left to right on the track.

When going over a jump, don't cross from one side to the other, unless that's what the rest of the riders do on that particular jump..

Take it easy the first few laps, figure out the flow, and have fun.

progirlz

Sep 8, 2006
randomfish said:
thank you.

"hold your line" ?

Thanks progirlz! Lots of track info on that site. I just registered. They seem nice. :)

Be warned...your first post they will probably tease you a bit. Give it back to them if its in you. They mean no harm...just having a bit of fun. They will mellow...but there are not a lot of gals over there and they get a little excited at first.

Most of them are good people. I'd say meet them at the tracks when you can. There is a big ride coming up too...same weekend as the Poker run so we won't be going.

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
If you can, take a friend with you. Then ask them to ride your pace in front of you for a few laps. Following someone around a track (especially an unfamiliar one) makes things much easier and gives you focus.

Top Bottom