Tradin' the boots in for a Dress...

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
Well, I didn't face plant on the stage. :yeehaw: It was definetly a high point for me! :)  Especially since they call the first place person up last, in that announcer tone of voice, '...and our 2002 ECEA Womens Champion....' that was the best!!!  I am always going to remember that!  My boyfriend took a photo, but I still have four shots to use up on my roll of film.  I'll use them up this weekend and post 'em.  I even got some photos of me trashin' some trail on my new scoot on that roll.  (Yes, I still use a conventional camera :silly: )

Since I hadn't worn high-heels since last years banquet I was in for a treat!  I danced my butt off on the dance floor all night in those heels.  About 6am I woke to a tingling feeling in my foot.  I knew what was coming, so I tried to lay as still as possible.  It didn't work, my calve cramped up so damn bad I about fell out of bed.  I actually yelped and woke my peacefully sleeping boyfriend up next to me.  With concern he asked if I was ok?  I grimaced out 'my leg is cramped...!'  The people in the next room over must thought that we were getting rough or something by all the commotion my cramped calve was causing!

I avoided drinking too much since the cold spell that we have been under for the past three weeks was letting up for a nice Sunday!  Highs in the forties sounded great to me for a wicked ride!  I just got my suspension back Friday and I was dying to try out the magic.  We headed out of my boyfriends brothers house.  Down the road we scooted and slipped into the forest in our usual good neighbor style.  We picked up one of our favorite trails and started laying into it like a red headed-step child when Rob suddenly stopped.  I weaved my head around this branch and pulled up behind him.  He was bleeding like stuffed pig from his face!  He hollered in a panic for something to soak it up with.  I searched my fanny pack but I couldn't locate anything from the forty-two compartments it has.  I then tore through his and found a dirtied paper towel used from the last wet ride to wipe the goggles with.  I tore a piece off and handed it to him.  He applied pressure and the bleeding started to come under control.  After taking a quick facial inventory it seemed that his injury was pretty minor.  He needed a bandaid, and since I used up all the ones I had for my hand blisters during the races I had to make one.  I tore a square off of my neon yellow duct tape roll (bright yellow makes finding quick trail rigs easier at a gas stop) and stuffed a little piece of cruddy paper towel under it.  I stuck it to his face and fell over laughing.  It looked a street sign attached to his face.  I tried to get a photo but he wasn't letting that happen. 

I went riding on Monday too since the temps were up to fifty-six degrees.  It wasn't as epic as Sunday was in terms of events, but I had a blast and pounded out some nice tree littered enduro trail.  Lots of Fun!  I do feel like a part of the family now!  Thank you ladies!

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Sounds like a total unforgetful weekend, Lissa. Congrats again & glad all went well. Oh, and with ride reports like that, keep posting them. As for cramp, damn, I hate that. I get it in my feet sometimes & can't work out which way to bend them to make the pain go away. BTW, at my sister's wedding (almost 20 years ago, scarey thought), I still remember almost falling over, standing on her dress numerous times & totally making a dick of myself, thank god I don't have to dress up for work.

Now, to feel totally part of the family, I heartily suggest you get to meet some of these gals (what are you doing next weekend? Reno anywhere near you? typical, never looked at what state you're in). If not this year, I'm sure they'll be planning a Valentine's ride again next year. (no, I'm not saying I don't feel part of the crowd as I've only managed to meet CJ, I've heard all about you lot hehehe and no, I also don't think that you have to meet up to feel you belong, I just reckon it would be fun).

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Sounds like fun. Now the question is not how were the heels, but did you paint your nails to match your bike? :confused:

I started to feel like a part of this crowd after only a short time. They are a pretty cool crew. Meeting the few I have at Reno and DirtWeek just made it better. But meeting isn't the only way to feel like you know someone, as I'm sure most if not all of us have exchanged emails with one another about things other than dirt bikes. As anyone who has written me will know, I tend to write a novel back . . . anyway, the more the merrier, we're glad to have you here and hear your stories.

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
I wanted to paint my nails neon green but the boyfriend objected. He thought that since it wouldn't match it would look weird. Next year I'm wearing my darn boots though. No more heels for me. My legs hurted for two days after wearing those damn heels!

Top Bottom