trail closure in med. bow-routt n.f.

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
i got a record of decision from these forests' ranger district to the effect that trail 1135 is being closed to motorized use. i don't know much about it; i've never been there, but i get this stuff b/c i wrote a letter opposing this closure at the request of a brother drn'er. the primary reason for the closure seems to be unauthorized off-trail riding; the impact to the trail itself was found to be "minimal".

Dr.billZ

May 15, 2000
I wonder if we both went thru Memphis and drove our cars on the sidewalks(off trail), if they'd then close the streets down to all users(drivers). :silly:

Thanks John.

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
I believe the Routt/Medicine Bow Nat'l forest is in Colorado.

I'm not sure if I've ridden it but I'll look it up.

Lawman could you send a copy of that notice to me or post it here on DRN?

I've talked to many Rangers here in Colo. most say the same thing:
"The ATV and hunters riding ATV's off trail tend to do the most damage"

Maybe we can turn Afganastan into one giant MX park?

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
bill, what they do sometimes in memphis is kick us off trails we made & have been riding for as long as 30 years, pave them & call them wilderness areas. we really have only private land to ride on (legally, anyway). it interested me that in his finding in this case, the ranger went out of his way to acknowledge that there was minimal impact to the trail itself.

rod, i'd post it but i'm technically inept & don't have a scanner. failing that, i'll be glad to mail it to you if you'll email me (john@bransonbearman.com is my new work addy).

Top Bottom