YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
We (West Michigan Trail Ridders) are going to be cleaning up The Mccct trail from Lincoln Bridge up to Boon. We are meeting at the staging area at the entrance to Caberfae Ski Resort off of 55. The staging area is to your right hand side as you turn into the entrance. We will be there at about 10:00am.

Could really use a few more people to help. I think we have like 6 confirmed. We need to do the 5 mile conector trail that runs east outta the parking lot then split into 2 groups and head north and south.

If anyone is interested in lending a hand give me a shout. I'll give ya the lowdown.

Thanks.
Don
(616) 402-8809

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Don,

Sorry I could not lend a hand. My club also does some trail maintenance and we will be working next weekend. If you talk to Joe Daugherty, please tell him that I said, HI>

Mike Maurer

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Well here is a brief recap of the weekend.

We went up to my inlaws property Saturday afternoon. Weather really looked bad in the morning. But it turned out to be a pretty good afternoon. There was Keith, Kurt, me, my son, and Dan. We setup camp and broke out the bikes for some fun before it got to dark.

Soon after another truck and trailer pulled in. It was my friends boss and her daughter. And Patt Daugherty (Joes wife) This is a nice suprise. So they break out a few bikes and we all start play ridding around the property. Its amazing how much fun you can have on a few acres of woods.

Here is a few picts of the camp.

Attachments

• camp 2.jpg
    camp 2.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 134
  • camp 4.jpg
    camp 4.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 132

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Keith broke out the Gas Gas trials bike and we proceded to have a blast on that thing. The woods around the property have all kinds of neat stuff to play on.

Here are 2 picts. One of Keith and one of me. Im in the blue t-shirt. Keith has a little more style/ skill than me on that bike.

Attachments

• k trials 6.jpg
    k trials 6.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 138
  • d trials 2.jpg
    d trials 2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 139

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Well my kid started bugging Keith that he wanted to ride his Warrior quad. So Keith tought him how to use the clutch. Soon after I find the both of them on Lori's TTR125. Bren is only 7 and dosn't know how to use a clutch. Well I soon find him ridding this TTR125 by himself. Using the clutch to shift, both up and downshifting. Doing very good too. Too cool. The bugger can almost touch on that thing if he hangs his butt off the seat. I can see that his TTr90 isn't long for our household.

Here is a good one. He didn't want to wear his chest protector. He said that he dosn't crash too much anymore. I explained that it only taked once to hurt. But I let it go and off he goes without it. Fast forward to Sunday. My friend Dan watched him at the cabin while the rest of us went to Caberfae to do the maintance. I get back and Dan informes me that Bren crashed pretty good and has a nice rash on his chest. Brendon rides up and he is wearing his chest protector again. :ohmy: Beeing the suportive and sympathetic father that I am 1st thing outta my mouth is "so Bren how is that Chest protector treatin you??" I dont think he quite got the synasism in that. :moon:

Attachments

• bren 2.jpg
    bren 2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 136
  • rash baby.jpg
    rash baby.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 126

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Saturday night after the hotdogs are cooked over the campfire and we are all fat and happy the rain sets in. We huddled under the ez-up for a bit then retreated into the trailer for a spell. After a bit pat and Lori pack up and head out. The rest of us settle into a game of Ukre. I hear a noise outside and look out to see another truck pulling in?? Its Keiths friend Timmy + 1. They some into the trailer toting beer and join the fun. Oh yea we have all been drinking pretty much since ariving at the property. The rain finially stops and we return to the fire and get her stoked up with the help of my special blend of boyscout fuel (old engine oil) My kid has finially fallen asleep. Finiallty at 1:00am I ran outta beer and realized that I need to get up in 6 hours to ride. So we hit the hay for the night.

Sunday morning came way too early. We all stumble around trying to find the tylanol and load the bikes. After getting a quick breakfast (and lots of coffie) at that place at the corner of 37 and 55 we hit the trails. man was it slimy out there. the rain from the night before made things really interesting. As did my hangover. But after a few miles we all find out groove and settle into clearing out the deadfalls. Somewere south of 55 the rain rolls in again along with a thunderstorm and soaks us for about 1 hour. That made the trails really fun. Rivers running right down the trail. Yehhhaaaaa..... Woodsy you woulda loved it :nener: Kurt pasted a tree and shattered the headlight on his WR250 as well as rip the odo cable out. But he is fine and we continue on. It was so icky out that I had to ditch the goggles they were so wet they were usless. I had a mask of mud on my face by the time I got back to the truck.

We only managed to get the conector trail outta Caberfae and the south section down to Lincoln Bridge. We will have to come back again to get the rest. We were just to wet and dirty to do the second half.

My kid rode from 8:00am when we left till 3:00pm when we got back to camp. He ran the bike outta gas once he rode so much. He slept the entire way home and then some. :yeehaw:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
YZMAN, Sounds like fun. You need to join us for a trailfest. We ride, we eat, we drink, we wake up and ride again (after the aspirin and coffee).

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Awesome pics of the log crossing on the Gas Gas! I'd love to have one for a second play bike. Does your buddy compete, or just tool around for fun?

And your 7 year old on a TTR-125? Pretty impressive! Stay ahead of him on the trail while you still can! :aj:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Smit-Dog said:
Awesome pics of the log crossing on the Gas Gas! I'd love to have one for a second play bike. Does your buddy compete, or just tool around for fun?

And your 7 year old on a TTR-125? Pretty impressive! Stay ahead of him on the trail while you still can! :aj:

He just picked that gas gas up a few weeks ago. Pretty much just to play on. But he is a member of the Muskegon Motorcycle club. I know that they do trials events so I asume he will be doing some of those. He has incredible ballance on that thing. Way better than me.

My kid just keeps on suprising me. Everytime he rides he learns something new. Although the thing that bugs the hell outta him, he cant do a wheelie. He tries and tries but just cant get the wheel up. Drives him batty. :laugh:

Top Bottom