INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Disclaimer - Dated March 23,2004
As per Kadie - Report mandatory - therefore I should not be responsible. Signed in black & orange ink - INCA
My sometimes boss, I've put him down a few times, took me to Brashears, Arkansas for the White Rock Enduro Sunday, 3/21/04. This would be a test to see if I would do better than my Grampa Davie, (of Davie and his Dinghy fame), did the last two years. Saturday afternoon I streched out some at the Razorback Riders Club grounds and spent the night in the company of similar companions.
Sunday morning I was out bright and early to get ready for a new adventure. Since I would be near the last row to leave with the KX85 of the club presidents son, 11 year old Jonathan aboard, there was time to check out all the other companions. There were blueberry fields, apple orchards, lemon groves, cabbage patchers and of course fellow pumpkin patchers. On row 10 there was even a Rickshaw. With about 225 entries, one of them must have been a KTM Mike. And so it was that at 8:53, with Jonathan on the small cabbage we headed for the trails amid waves and picture takers. The trails around here are somewhat like Michigan with the difference being that the sand particles are larger. I heard the word rocks mentioned a few times. To leave the valley we crossed Mill Creek on a bridge and headed up the side of the mountain, big hills really. What you basically do is go up one side, over the ridge at the top, down the other side, cross a small stream and repeat. Akin to a Circuit Rider making the rounds to visit MWEISSEN, Tom Dixon and Don Marsh. Jonathan would have a minor delay now and then, so I'd stop to help and make sure everything was OK. Starting up again was a snap with the magic button. At the first check, being manned by fatherandson, we were late by 11 minutes. About 21 miles out the trail splits for the women and youth to head back and the big dogs head for the tougher parts.
Going up and down the hills is a combination of switchbacks, follow the contour and sometimes stright up or down. Many times you follow a wash filled with those big sand particles. Very few move out of the way so it gets rough now and then. The suspension sure is kind to the body and the innards. Things settle down some when the trail picks up a 2TracR and higher gears come into use. There are depressions now and then that hold the latest rainwater, lakes if you will. However, they are not big enough for a 70 marlin. This short easier part is good because I soon turn off into a rather tight and woodsy section that is set at a 24 MPH schedule. The check at the end of this section is somewhat of a surprise. I am travelling in the White Rock Wildlife Management Area, but man, A badger running the clock and turning numbers? Sop now I follow the contour for a while where there are small rivulets every now and then. Some are no more than a tire track across the trail and then some are sloppy and muddy, but the fender92883 does a good job of keeping things under control. When I get to the top of a trail wide enough for quads, there is a sign with an arrow - Fred T - 3 Miles ahead. Goody, goody, now I get some vittles, like a liquid lunch. In the last half mile there is a rather steep downhill and these disc brakes sure help keeping control of the gravity factor. A quick shot of 93 octane and it's off to the trails once more. As I bounce along a gravel road like Michman being chased by the Michelin Man, there is a distraction off to the right. Those of you from the cabbage patch may find this hard to believe, but give it a try. There was a Dog Smitting behind a tree. At the check into the next section I am back on my starting minute. The trail gets a little technical traversing sidehills where a mistake puts you down a 45-degree slope of trees and rocks. By now I'mn acclimated to the locals use of calling big sand particles rocks. The switchbacks aren't highway type curves, but a V. Man, one boo boo and it's WOT. Whack, ouch, touche. As I work my way up a rocky wash, there are spectators around, and that usually means a touhg spot. I must be doiung OK because someone calls out - Wild Bill!. At the top I stop to make the correction that the name is INCA and to use a more accurate adjective than wild. Before I forget, should anyone be interested, my G spot is the unobtrusive black button on the right, and it is a blessing. After going through a logged over area with the mess that is left behind I see what what looks like a green rectangle approaching. There are strange things out in the woods but this turns out to be more like a Vespa with no other than Magoo at the controls. I check out of this tough 10-mile section 28 minutes late and settle in to finish the enduro in one safe piece. The arrows lead out to a pipeline on a ridge and for a while it's some cool 5th. gear operating. This reminds me, is an nzambon a UP model oa Zamboni? After winding down off the hills, it's back across Mill Creek through the water this time and in to the end check before houring out. I have accomplished the goal of doing better than Grampa Davie. And here I am after romping for 52 miles and 4.5 hours over hill and dale. I sure don't look the same as oput of the Factory.
INCA
PS - Young Ted asked me to mention that he had a good time and to say HI to all the Michiganders. Again, INCA

Attachments

• Dsc00054.jpg
    Dsc00054.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 154

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
WoW,
Great ride report! Now Woodsy will be jealous & try to top it, better get to work Woodsy.
Don

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
HI Inca!!!!
My boss has been keeping me REAL busy while you were gone down south.. We rode with LOTS of different bikes last weekend here in Michigan. Although I didnt have the honor of meeting up with over 200 other bikes, I did have the honor of having a bunch of East Siders come over and share some trail time with me! It was REAL fun cause Woodsy let me throw some roost on some of them (that Mwessien had to run a little slower then usual so I didnt pick on him, but I heard Fred T. telling someone that my roost actually hurts when it hits you :) ). The Boss put a BRAND NEW Dunlop 752 on my rear end so the roosting was easy, all I had to do was roll foward and the ground just FLEW.
Woodsy let me down a couple times. He test rode a Husenberg 470 that belongs to 70marlin and it really hurt my feelings. I heard him say that he REALLY liked the way the motor performed (alot like his VOR) and the frame geo/ergos was WAY better then the VOR. He also rode one of the NEW Honda CRF250X's and I heard him say that it had HUGE potential to be a woods WEAPON!! He reassured me later while changing my oil, that he and I were inseparatable, kinda like you and Young Ted are becoming!
It is SO great to hear from you again! I have heard that soon we shall roll thru the woods together again.. That will be fun! Be sure and tell Young Ted that Woodsy REALLY enjoyed the last POG Mag and your Bosses write up about the MCCCT trip he and Davie went on! Maybe you and the Boss will do soemthing simular to that someday.
I gotta cut this short cause Woodsy and I are meeting Larry and his CR250 in a little while to go check out the Holton Loop.. The Boss said we may even go up to White Cloud today and see how the MCCCT looks up there for a future ride. Wanna come??
Keep your nobbies sharp and your spokes tight kiddo!
Your Friend
Kadie
By the way, do you or your Boss recognise this rider? He told me to tell you hi.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Sorry Inca, here is the pic..
Kadie

Attachments

• Jan02070.JPG
    Jan02070.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 144

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
INCA, I really really like that report! Thanks a lot.

OK Woodsy, the heat's on, can you top that? We haven't heard a poem in awhile.... :clue:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
I am bustin a gut laughin! Loved the report! shhhhh people here at work are gonna hear me chucklin! Sounds like a fun ride too!

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Excellent, thanks for sharing! Here I thought I should keep it to myself when my bike talked to me. Maybe I'm not off my rocker after all...

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
I have been laughing about this for over two months. If you get one laugh I consider it a winner. Thanks to all. Woodsy and I are going to have a trip to the woodshed for a whaling expedition. I know he's a night owl and therefore a hoot but I'm claiming seniority. The most fun of the ride for me was going up the rock washes in 2nd. on the pegs and jumping the water diversion mounds. It is said this Katoom likes to climb and I agree. The characters may be dubious but from what goes on here, I'll say the dubious are characters to start with. That is what prompted me in the first place. Woodsy - it isn't easy to recognize you - the mean green machine is more of a clue. So I'll match you - try this one. Young Ted

Attachments

• At The Start.JPG
    At The Start.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 153

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Inca, click on that pic I posted and notice that the guy in the pic is not me - he has hair and is shorter :)
I think he said his name was Jim...
Great pic of you and Inca there!! And an AWESOME write up!!
I will have to get Kadie out and see if I can top that one :)

Mwessien: hows this??

Many have tried to compete with ol Woodsy
By taking the pen in their hand.
Usually they fall by the wayside you see,
Because Woodsy’s the best in the land!

Another writer has come on the scene to compete
with Woodsy’s astonishing thread.
He thinks he can win by making mere threats
Of taking Woodsy out behind his ol shed.

What Young Ted don’t know is that Woodsy’s not scared.
Behind the woodshed he’s been MANY times.
It may very well be that all that whoopin he took,
Is what make’s Woodsy so good with the rhymes…

Young Ted has stricken at the heart of poor Woodsy
When he started this writing contest.
Woodsy is not fooling around with the pen
Even though Young Ted means it in ‘jest!

The riding is fun with memories so rare,
And good friends have come of it all.
But Kingship of pen transcends the above,
And from this, Woodsy won’t fall!!

and the race begins........
Woodsy

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Kadie - Would you please pass this on to that bossy boss in between his hooting. Young Ted's eyes are clouded over from so much laughing he can't concentrate or see well enough to answer. If he won't pay attention, turn his head 180. I know you get a lot of TLC but remember there is no free lunch. He has the fun but makes you throw all the dirt. Also, be careful when he comes around to check out the knobbies on your rear end. Should one finger be protruding, it's YEEEEEOOOOW time.The relook of the picture and the name Jim aren't any help to either of us. How can an owl and a big mean cabbage top the combination of a well behaved pumpkin and someone that got away from the men in the big white coats that came to take him away,away. Darned if I'm not having trouble myself with the fog making the headlight ineffective. All is not lost though, the poem he created is first class all the way. He missed his calling? I'm all set to head your way and looking forward to a big hug. Not to big though as I'm still a baby and will not be 1 until 6/28/04. As a matter of factual accuracy there is a disclaimer at the beginning and others have done the challenging and egging on.
The fourth stroke, INCA

Top Bottom