xTYBALTx

Mar 10, 2004
I grew up in San Diego, but spent most of my time on the beaches - no dirt biking in my childhood. After living in Santa Barbara and Wyoming for a few years, I'm considering the move back to San Diego, but am really interested in what the riding is like out there.

I know there are MX tracks and desert riding galore, but what about actual single-track trail riding? I'll be living in north county / Carlsbad area or downtown SD.

Thanks!

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
most of the good single track riding is north of L.A at Gorman or Big Bear, Pyramid Lake, Lake Arrowhead. for us in San Diego locally it's Corral Canyon, Lark Canyon. both are small area's but fun.
but you if you like desert riding it's paradise! lots of riding within 1 1/2 hours. San Diego county doesnt have the single track riding like up north. :ugg:

xTYBALTx

Mar 10, 2004
How small is small? How long does it take to ride around those areas? Sorry for the inquisition, but I may be moving to SD and would really like to know.

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
corral canyon is a little larger than lark canyon, you can ride the whole loop in about hour but there are trails that shoot off that makes it more interesting and you dont have to take the same route every time.one of the loops to corral canyon is about 50 miles which is the longest loop.the best part is it's only about an hour from san diego. but if you like desert riding you'll be in paradise 1000's of acre's of desert.

click on ther links for different type riding all close to san diego

corral canyon

local desert, ocotillo wells

sand dunes

Top Bottom