fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
It is that time again, put October 27th on your calendars. I have applied for the permit for the 2007 Trailfest at the clubgrounds of the Lansing Motorcycle Club (Moorestown, MI).

This annual trailride always provides a good ride, good fun and lots of stories. You could do a search on trailfest in this forum and find many memories from past years.
The earliest we can begin the ride is 10:00 due to the small game hunters in the woods. The planned routes will provide a family friendly trail and enduro sections. We will provide maps at the mandatory riders meeting. A gas truck will be provided as we will be riding about 50 miles.
The day will end with a dinner under the pavillion consisting of steaks and homemade tators (thanks to FredT and Wyatt)! We will have a bonfire and I am sure the beverages will be flowing faster than the bench racing stories.

Pre-entries are encouraged as we need to pay for insurance and permit fees. The cost is $15 per rider. If you would like to camp at the clubgrounds, the camping fee is $10 and will given to LMC for use of their property. I encourage you to bring your whole family. We will limit the entry/camping fee to $50 per family. If a family member plans to stay at the clubgrounds to ride, please arrange for adequate supervision.

The exact route has not been determined yet as we are waiting for approval from the DNR. If you have any questions, please post them.

woodsracer369

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 3, 2004
No TF for Trevor this year :( , That weekend is the GFs birthday.

You all may find Fred and DW cuddled up in the woods on Saturday morning if they exhibit the same apptitude for direction on the arrow ride as they did last year.

P.S. Fred make sure there is more than 2 staples in the gun :rotfl:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
No TF for us either :(

Gotta race that weekend. Better re-think my priorities, eh :coocoo:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
I will be there helping to cook potatoes, riding & helping out. :ride: :cool:

Mike, consider this my pre-entry

Don

89TRX350RX

Oct 1, 2006
So far the work schedule looks good for trailfest, only one question... Is it possible to bring a 8-year old son on a small quad for the kids ride???

89TRX350RX

Oct 1, 2006
Wolverine423 said:
Does it have a snow plow or a gun boot?...

You're Killing me.... I can't help it if he's too damn lazy to ride 2 wheels.... It does have a rack on the front (took the rear one off - can't have him looking too much like a Farmer) so he can carry some bevies, as long as it is a small cooler!!!!

Jamie

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
89TRX350RX said:
You're Killing me.... I can't help it if he's too damn lazy to ride 2 wheels.... It does have a rack on the front (took the rear one off - can't have him looking too much like a Farmer) so he can carry some bevies, as long as it is a small cooler!!!!

Jamie
:cool: Make sure you save some room for some oxygen tanks for the SuperSenior riders :nener:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Wolverine423 said:
:cool: Make sure you save some room for some oxygen tanks for the SuperSenior riders :nener:

Bring it on azz hole. :think: :nener: :nener:

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
89TRX350RX said:
So far the work schedule looks good for trailfest, only one question... Is it possible to bring a 8-year old son on a small quad for the kids ride???

Legally he's too young to operate an ATV on public trails in Mich (which I think will be used for TrailFest but could be mistaken).

(Similar age restriction doesn't apply to motorcycles.)

Last edited:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Jaime, he is welcome to come and ride on the clubgrounds, but he needs to have supervision. We had an incident where a kid got hurt on the clubgrounds and his dad got a ticket for lack of supervision.

Salgeek - I hope all three generations can make it.

It is disappointing that some of the Trailfest regulars can not make it, but the tradition will continue. Maybe I will make a stop in Alma. I am sure RGO will be looking for a study break.

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
2TrakR said:
Legally he's too young to operate and ATV on public trails in Mich (which I think will be used for TrailFest but could be mistaken).

(Similar age restriction doesn't apply to motorcycles.)
Legally he can not ride the quad at all under 10 years of age and only then to do farm related choirs under 100% adult supervision. Can't be used for fun until 12 yrs old. (michigan compiled laws, Public act 451.)
I believe the club grounds has cows that need to be feed during trailfest though.

wyatt

Apr 3, 2002
Great news on the date, it doesnt interfere with the mandatory U.P. hunting trip. Hopefully we'll have the spuds all out of the ground and I can dust off the 200.
Regardless we will have plenty of fresh fries for dinner.
I hope DW and freddy can get along all their bickering is upsetting my stomach. Remember DW the guy with the steaks is ALWAYS right. I dont want to accidently get the piece of meat freddy prepares for DW.

V-man

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 13, 2000
It is disappointing that some of the Trailfest regulars can not make it, but the tradition will continue. Maybe I will make a stop in Alma. I am sure RGO will be looking for a study break.[/QUOTE]

Mike, since RG will be living a few blocks from Casa V-man, I'm sure we can give him a lift to Trailfest. Any comments Ian? :cool:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Wyatt on a BIKE what a novel idea...........he may have to take a few practice rides. Dust off the gear, let the moths fly to another home.
Let me know if you cant get the 200 ready in time and I will loan you a bike, lord knows I have borrowed yours enough.

As for the oxegen tanks I have fabricated mounts on the side of the WR to carry mine myself, DW, painted BLUE of course. You may have to see me about makeing you a set in the optional PINK that we offer to match your existing bling............. :p
Don

Jun 23, 2006
From what I've heard about Trailfest from previous years, it sounds like a great time. I'd like to make it this year. We'll see if I can get away from the school work that weekend and make a trip down from da UP.

:ride:

Top Bottom