fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I am filling out the permit application for Trailfest 2008. Please put October 25th on your trail ride calendars!

Assuming that Missaukee County will have an ordinance in place to allow ORVs on the side of the road, I am trying to plan a lunch at the Norwich Fire Dept in downtown Moorestown. If you enjoyed the meals after the Pine Cone and Jack Pine, I think you will enjoy this lunch.

Some of the trail will depend on the logging companies/DNR approval and access to private property, but we should have 40-50 miles of prime trail riding. The trail will be established enough for riders of all ages and caliber - short cuts will be available. I may refer to ride in the morning as Pine Cone and the afternoon ride as Jack Pine - do not let this name scare anyone - three FES riders ages 8, 13, and ??? rode these trails on Monday morning after the event.

We will finish the day of riding as we always do at Trailfest with a feast. The menu is still being developed, but you can count on meat on the grill and homemade Iott tator fries.

Camping is available at the staging area - clubgrounds of the Lansing Motorcycle Club. There is a fee of $15 per rider, but it includes camping, food and helps pay for the insurance/permit costs.

I hope everyone can make it!

Mike

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Actually, I think this was TF II.........

Attachments

• Trailfest Start.jpg
    Trailfest Start.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 762

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Loctite said:
Lots of color in this picture besides orange...
I think I found myself on a yellow machine?
Count me in for 2008.

Craig

You're sitting next to my blue bike which is leaning on the tree.

I am a “definitely maybe” this year. I have no conflict with the date but I have a little problem that I need to get resolved before then……a problem that might keep me off the bike for a short while.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
I must be there, I only missed the first one and one three years ago when I raced the National in Delaware.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
That picture was October 2001, we had 2 of them that year -one in the summer in July I think and one in October. I was on my 2000 KDX 3rd guy in for the right. I remember the first one and the famous "crik" pictures.........it was hot that day.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Fred T said:
I remember the first one and the famous "crik" pictures.........it was hot that day.

Ah yes........whatever happend to those pictures? That's why I was so surprised that you did not join in the fun down in Indiana last weekend......free spirit that you are. :laugh:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
BadgerMan said:
Ah yes........whatever happend to those pictures? That's why I was so surprised that you did not join in the fun down in Indiana last weekend......free spirit that you are. :laugh:

I was thinking the same thing....where is that picture of the "tighty whities". I am sure ET could help us out.

TF I was in July and it was very hot. Funny how we changed to date to late Fall. We may have to deal with rain and cold weather, but we still have a lot of fun.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
INCA said:
Are you thinking of Nathan on the KDX at the beaver dam in '03?

Not Nathan, even though I've seen the beaver dam crossing dunk a few riders over the years.
I'm not sure what the years was but it was the second fall that it was held. He was riding an KDX though? :bang:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
That would be Diver Dog Nate - Sparky's nephew - he was on a KDX - are you thinking of Nate Thompson there Marlinburg?

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
KTM Mike said:
That would be Diver Dog Nate - Sparky's nephew - he was on a KDX - are you thinking of Nate Thompson there Marlinburg?
Not Diver Dog But that was the deepest year I remember for the beaver pond. We need to go back to Like year two for trail fest. I think the only people that seen it was big Mike & maybe Fred. Aaron dunked his 96 kdx just after turning off Johnsonville RD heading toward the trail just after going down the hill. :yikes:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I have seen the picture once and do NOT need to see it again....

Just got some good news from the Norwich Twp Fire Department. They are planning to provide the mid day Trailfest lunch. The location of the lunch will depend on whether Missaukee County can get an ordinance passed by October. More to follow...

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I'm thinking that we can have some big half pound burgers on the grill after the ride -they'll go great with Iott frys!! :cool:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Freddy burgers go well with anything.
I plan on riding this year instead of using crutches to get around.
Don

wyatt

Apr 3, 2002
WE GOT TATERS. I hope the lunch stop doesnt affect peoples appetite after the ride. WE will be adding fry capacity this year to keep up with demand for fries. Last year the "vultures" were eating them faster than we could cook them. The whole weekend was a riot and I cant wait till oct.

I would like to make a motion that don and DW get potato scrubbing duty, can I get a second.............

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
wyatt said:
WE GOT TATERS. I hope the lunch stop doesnt affect peoples appetite after the ride. WE will be adding fry capacity this year to keep up with demand for fries. Last year the "vultures" were eating them faster than we could cook them. The whole weekend was a riot and I cant wait till oct.

I would like to make a motion that don and DW get potato scrubbing duty, can I get a second.............

Ya, I'll second that-lazee bazturds need to learn to cook! :nod: Cooking while keeping track of your drink takes some skillz.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Seem like I have had spud washing duties the last two Trail Fests. Seems like it is time to pass the brush to someone else.........and concentrate on my Jack drinking skills which have been slipping the past few years. :nener:

Top Bottom