fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
When: October 24, 2009
Where: Moorestown, MI - Lansing Motorcycle Clubgrounds
Tiime: 10:00am
Cost: $20 per rider or $50 per family - includes lunch and dinner (additional lunch donations with be accepted)

The paperwork has been completed for Trailfest 2009. We had thoughts of having the event in September, but some local celebrities could not make it until late October. A Trailfest tradition is predicting the October weather...who cares? we are going to ride rain or shine!

We are planning a morning trail ride with lunch in town at Moorestown - food provided by the Moorestown church. We will ride a combination of public singletrack and private property trails in the afternoon. Returning to the clubgrounds to feast on a dinner cooked by Thompson and Wyatt, PC (=professional cooks).

I hope everyone has this weekend free on their calendar and can make this event before the orange bikes in the woods are replaced by orange vests.

Last edited:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Is this event any fun? :) :ride:

Hell yeah! Looks like I will be running gas this year. :p

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Don Marsh said:
Is this event any fun? :) :ride:

Hell yeah! Looks like I will be running gas this year. :p

I can teach you how to cook if you are not too shat faced on Jack by dinner time. :nod:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
What fun would that be a Trailfest be without my buddy Jack?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
The scavenger hunt may need to be a Sunday exercise. I am really hoping the Jack Pines do not get cut this Winter and the section is available next year.

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
fatherandson said:
The scavenger hunt may need to be a Sunday exercise. I am really hoping the Jack Pines do not get cut this Winter and the section is available next year.
Budgets being what they are, the possibility exsists.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Dinner Menu:
Iott frys, potato chips and Freddy 1/2 pound cheese burgers. Cooked on the Marsh Monster Char grill. Cooks accepting ice cold beers through out their cooking shift. (Brand name beer only please) :cool:

Forcast for the weekend is a light rain Friday evening, rain stopping early saturday morning turning cloudy saturday late morning and partly sunny in the afternoon. High temp will be 59 degrees Saturday , over night low of 37 degrees. :nod: Perfect.

Last edited:

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
Fred T said:
Forcast for the weekend is rain stopping early saturday morning turning cloudy saturday afternoon and partly sunny in the afternoon. :nod: Perfect.

OK, you've got 2 things going for Saturday afternoon? - which is it? turning cloudy or is it gonna be partly sunny?

you may be a great cook but you are a bit confusing as a weather forecaster

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
There I fixed it. It's a little far off so my forecastor decoder ring was a little fuzzy.

salgeek

Oct 2, 2003
I was lamenting about how we only have about 2 months left of riding today... and I jump on DRN this evening and see the thread Trailfest 2009. Life is good. Trail Fest is the hidden gem of the fall riding season - there is something really pure about this event.

Both days - 3 riders. :cool: :ride: :)

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Why doesn't this stuff ever work out for us?? We'll be at a wedding that day...in Grand Ledge....

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
salgeek said:
Trail Fest is the hidden gem of the fall riding season - there is something really pure about this event.

Speaking of fall gems, ride this event if you can. This is one of the few rides that I will not allow myself to miss.

http://www.gldsmc.org/09CHC.html

We have no conflicts, the kids and I will be at Trailfest this year!

MuddyBuddy

Nov 1, 2006
If you haven't been to the Chandler Hill Challenge it's well worth checking out! We've done the first two years and will do it again this year. Lunch at the Chandler Hill Township Hall is great homemade food too!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
D.LEATHERS said:
Who the "HELL" do you two know in G.L. that's getting married :coocoo:

What you don't feel special anymore because we know more than just you and Linda? :nener:

Phil's cousin lives in Lansing, for some reason they are having wedding in Portland and reception in Grand Ledge...or is it the other way around?!

Last edited:

wyatt

Apr 3, 2002
fatherandson said:
When: October 24, 2009
Where: Moorestown, MI - Lansing Motorcycle Clubgrounds
Tiime: 10:00am
Cost: $20 includes lunch and dinner (additional lunch donations with be accepted)

The paperwork has been completed for Trailfest 2009. We had thoughts of having the event in September, but some local celebrities could not make it until late October. A Trailfest tradition is predicting the October weather...who cares? we are going to ride rain or shine!

We are planning a morning trail ride with lunch in town at Moorestown - food provided by the Moorestown church. We will ride a combination of public singletrack and private property trails in the afternoon. Returning to the clubgrounds to feast on a dinner cooked by Thompson and Wyatt, PC (=professional cooks).

I hope everyone has this weekend free on their calendar and can make this event before the orange bikes in the woods are replaced by orange vests.

Wow, perfect choice of dates Mike thanks for showing "favoritisim" to a couple locals .

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
fatherandson said:
Tator - I look forward to the pre ride on Friday. Your new bike got an electric start button??

It does if he puts a battery in his right boot. Hey fry guy, you bringing Lasagna again? (Friday pre ride meal)

wyatt

Apr 3, 2002
No e button on the new 200. I should have learned my lesson
the last time I pre rode with you clowns. The e BUTTon
brothers (that would be mike and freddy) would shut their bikes off, I would follow suit waiting for whatever infinite wisdom they had to offer and they would just laugh hit the button and go. Can I at least have an arrow pouch this time?

Lasagna after fridays ride, fresh chips fri night and fries on sat
did someone say Jack Daniels too? I am countin the days. :ride:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Wyatt, don't use the "F" word on this site it gets people riled up.

ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
Tell me, I haven't been able to attend ANY events yet this year. Is this a good event to go to for a beginner like myself?? My humble old Yamaha *does* have a license plate and putts through the woods okay. I'm a typical 10 - 15 MPH kind of guy on single track, 18 - 25 MPH on two-track. How many miles are we talking about between fill-ups?

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
If like prior years, riders of all ages and skill levels can have a great time at Trail Fest. Usually there is a combo of ORV trail with some event trail that was likely part of a past Jackpine or Pinecone event. It sounds like this will be the case this year. This is a really fun trail ride - not a race - the opportunity to ride event trail just for fun is fantastic! Just ride your own pace and enjoy it!

Top Bottom