trails around Black River Falls?

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
There are a lot of trails but they're all ATV trails. Wide, whooped, sandy, dusty, sucks. I used to go to Black River Falls a lot but I haven't been anywhere near it since they park board snuck that new rule in.

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
Go north to Neilsville, Wi. They hold one of the Parts Unlimited races there and they have about a 15-20mile loop. It is for bikes and quads but I don't think that it gets ridden much as there doesn't seem to be any info on the area and the parking area is not marked very well. The race has some very good single track and open stuff as well, plus it hasn't been to wooped out at the race, although last year it got tore up due to 5in of rain the friday before the race.

I'll try to find some more info or at least get the road name / # that the parking lot is located on.

FlyinRyan

~SPONSOR~
Mar 19, 2001
I forgot about CMJ Raceway in Hixton also just north of BRF. They just had a Hare Scrambles this past Sunday. It is a Motocross track but they have some pretty good trails. They had a 4 mile loop and only used a tiny portion of the MX track. I think you have to join the club but it would be fun to play on the trails for a couple of days. Once again I don't have any info with me but will try to get some.

kevinkdx

Mar 25, 2001
i live here in BRF and as previoiusly stated yes the ATV trails can be ridden here but they are very crappy as they take a lot of abuse from A LOT of 4-wheelers. you need a membership to ride at CMJ and their web address is http://cmjraceway.com, that have a small loop but it is a decent one if you want to pay the membership fee. they are trying to get the single track trail open again which IMO would be GREAT because it would take more traffic off of the ATV trails which are already busy enought with 4-wheelers.however i am blessed enough to be able to live on 2000+ acres of land to ride on where i live, which is about 12 miles from BRF. if you need any more info just ask.

Last edited:

grunk250r

Nov 16, 1999
WOW Kevin...2000acres....SWEEEEEET!!! I live 2 hours away but used to go ride the singletrack at BRF all the time....and the enduro....and at Milliston too.
Do you ever invite people over to ride?? (hint/hint :D ) I LOVE that area over there...reminds me of riding in northern MN.

Kenshuk1

Jun 23, 2000
Check the Madison Motorcycle Club website at www.madisonmotorcycleclub.org We have organized a club, the Jackson County Trail Riders. Club President Mike Mathews has met with a couple county board members, the Parks and Forestry Committee. He and Jack Potter did a trail inspection and reported back to Parks and Forestry. On Wednesday, July 27 the BRF Chamber of Commerce had a meeting that around 100 people attended. the Parks and Forestry Committee and staff got a good earful about keeping trails open. It was mostly about ATV trails but Mike got a few comments in about the single track. I plan to update the website Sunday of this weekend and send an email to a list of several folks that have helped or written or asked questions about the trails. Ken

kevinkdx

Mar 25, 2001
oddly enough i was scheduled to have people come over in june but we had to cancel it due to the weather(rainy and 95 degrees) I am all for a good ride just let me know what you guys have free and i will let you know if it works for me. Odly enough i know Mike Mathews and he is a nice guy and is fighting for all of us single track guys!!

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
Hey Grunk, take me along, too! Grunk and I live about 2 miles from each other. I'd love to ride your trails, Kevin.

Ken,
Thanks for the link and the info. Hopefully I'm already on the email list. Let us know if joining the club from afar will help any.

Top Bottom