Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I was crusin around wally world lookin for a gift the other day and I just happen to walk past all the bicycle stuff and saw a Panoram computer. Looked similar to the motorcycle version. Does anyone know the difference? It was only about $29 and the Motorcycle version is about twice the price. My Odometer is broken and will cost about 60 bucks for the new wheel spacer gear assimbley. I was thinking of plugging the wheel assimbley off to keep the dust and muck out and putting the Panoram unit on. Will the less expensive bicycle unit work? All I would like is a total number of miles for service reasons (The clymer manual list services in mile increaments) and a trip meter for gas and milage for the day without having to remember where I started at.

Last edited:

RoadRunner

Oct 17, 1999
I've used $20 cateye computers and now I have a panoram. I believe the extra price is for the different sensor and way thicker wiring. The panoram is tailor fit to your bike. It really looks pretty factory, and comes with custom mounting specific to your machine. The instructions are very thorough, and have big color photos too. The sensor on the panoram is molded to fit the contours of your brakes, and bolts on solidly. In contrast, the cheaper bicycle kit has wimpy speaker wire (and the wire is too short so you must splice). The bike kit also has a tiny sensor with no way to mount it other than zip-ties. For extra cool factor panarom now sells a billet protecter that also acts as a mount, taking the place of a factory odo perfectly. I'm really happy with my panoram even at twice the price of a cyclometer. FWIW, KTM dualsports have an cyclometer from the factory now, it's a sigmasport. I hear that it isn't as durable as the panoram and lacks functions though (from a ktm dealer no less).

woods_rider1

Sep 27, 2001
If you compare the components of the bicycle version and the motorcycle version, you will see that the motorcycle has a heavy duty cable and they are bike specific mounts. Check out the trailtech web site and see for yourself. Spend the extra money for the correct model sensor cable.

Top Bottom